• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Veg Freebies

Steph

Warren Veteran
Just wondered if anyone else gets Bunny Veg Freebies :D My local green grocers also known as Mr Bunny, saves me their off cuts of Savoy cabbages, cauliflower stalks and spring green bits :D I come out of the shop on a Saturday with a huge bag full which lasts the bunnies for two days :D I do spend around £12 in the shop each week though :lol: Just love freebies !

I also find bags of veg peelings in the porch on a Monday from an anonymous donator :shock: and have found bags of hay in there too :D

Yep, I get them from the market and take them to the animal shelter :D Although for a while the guy that worked there was charging me for it all, and his boss went nuts when he saw me paying for carrot tops that they would have thrown away :lol:

Yep, I get them from the market and take them to the animal shelter :D Although for a while the guy that worked there was charging me for it all, and his boss went nuts when he saw me paying for carrot tops that they would have thrown away :lol:

Aww thats fab hun and great you get freebies now ! I dont understand why green grocers cut the outer leaves of the savoy cabbages off :shock: My bunnies and fosters love those ones the best ;)

I get free carrot tops & peel, savoy cabbage leafs and cauliflower from work on Saturday which I mix with the £15 of veggies I buy each week and it lasts until the next Saturday by careful stock rotation!

I got a huge bag of cauliflower leaves, and general odd bits of veg from the chef at my work today as soon as I mentioned I had rabbits. She suddenly ran off then came bag with a huge bag and said "if it's any use have it, i'm sure the rabbits will appreciate most of it, better than going to waste."
Some of it isn't suitable for them, but most of it is, which is brilliant. Free bunny veg!

Back