• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Keeping Warm

Jack-Bun

Warren Veteran
As you probably already know, my buns have moved into their playhouse today (there is some pics on the Stories and Photos page)

They have curtains on the windows:oops:

But how else can I keep them warm... or will they be ok, seeing as they have fur??

I dont know what to do?

Hi, my rabbits live in a shed, i give them lots of blankets and vetbed (they are not chewers though) lots of hay and straw and i put a snugglesafe in at night, hope this helps:wave:

if you fill a box with hay - in imitation of the bedroom of a hutch- this will keep the buns warmer easier when they snuggle into it. alternatively you can properly insulate the walls with polystyrene and board over. but remember, although it prob feels quite cold to you, there's no wind or dampness so prob feels quite snug to the buns any way :D

You can but snugglesafes at P@H, ebay, or there is a link on RabbitRehome home page. They are really good, you just pop it in the microwave and it stays warm for twelve hours, saying that though my rabbits just either ignore it or sit near it:roll: My piggies have one and they sit on it:)

You can get pieces of vet bed online from Profleece. Put a piece on top of thick newspaper in the bed area.

Dry Bed Pieces
ProFleece® Dry Bed Pieces.
Small 26" x 20" (66 x 51cm) £8.99
Medium 36" x 24" (91 x 61cm) £11.99
Large 40" x 30" (102 x 76cm) £16.98
Original 60" x 40" (153 x 102cm) £23.99

Delivery is free.

Vetuk also sell Snugglesafes for approx £19.99 cheapest I could find online.

Rabswood

Mine have a snug box in there playhouse and a cardbourd box filled with hay and also they have a tarpaulin over the playhouse at night to keep out the winds which was £4 from b&q

Rick

My girls have a concrete floored shed with the window open a crack in all weathers for ventilation (gets very damp otherwise) - so it's really cold in there. I give them a couple of big cardboard boxes new every week, laid on their sides as a 'den' and put some hay on the floor where they tend to sit (right by the draughty door :roll:) and away from the window they have a couple of huge (60cm x 45cm) litter trays full of hay, where I think they spend the night - they all pile out of there in the morning anyway :) They seem perfectly happy - it's more a problem keeping it cool in summer really :?

this is before i done it up but can just make out the upper floor.

playhousepics003.jpg

Back