• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nothing worse than a grieving bun

Becki xX

Warren Veteran
Ive found this to be one of the hardest, most upsetting things to deal with since I've been keeping rabbits - It really hurts me to see buns grieve. Rhi had a run in the snow when I woke up, and has been in her bedroom ever since :( Never goes in her bedroom usually :(

I repaired Bobby quicker than I was anticipating because I couldn't bare to see his lonely little face each morning :(

Ive found this to be one of the hardest, most upsetting things to deal with since I've been keeping rabbits - It really hurts me to see buns grieve. Rhi had a run in the snow when I woke up, and has been in her bedroom ever since :( Never goes in her bedroom usually :(

I know just what you mean Becki :cry:
When Dr Finlay lost Erin he was distraught :cry: He actually looked as though he was about to cry :cry:

I am so sorry that you and Rhia have lost Jen :cry:

Janex

Bekki, I knew that Jen was ill, but didn't realise she had gone to the bridge. How sad for you and Rhia. Wolfie missed his original partner, but we paired him again a month later and he is now blissfully happy.

ok becki i didnt realise jen had gone to the bridge:cry:

im so sorry.

it is so difficult to watch a grieveing bun, when matilda died willow spent an hour searching for her in the garden:cry:

Yes I let my little girl go to the bridge on Wednesday afternoon guys :cry: I really cant get another bun yet, I just cant think about it :(

I totally understand how you feel. We let Wolfie sniff Holly's body and hoped he understood. I couldn't face another bunny straightaway, but felt sorry for him and eventually we were ready and it has been fine. You'll both be fine again. (((((Vibes)))) and hugs to you both.

I totally understand how you feel. We let Wolfie sniff Holly's body and hoped he understood. I couldn't face another bunny straightaway, but felt sorry for him and eventually we were ready and it has been fine. You'll both be fine again. (((((Vibes)))) and hugs to you both.

ThankYou. Well Rhia was with Jen when she fell asleep so I thought it might help her, but it really doesnt seem as though shes properly realised until today. She really freaked though when Jeni was going, she wouldnt go anywhere near her & jumped up onto me and wouldnt let me put her down. Was awful :cry: X

Oh I'm really sorry Becki. I've not been around much this week, so didn't realise. I can completely relate to the pain of a grieving bun; I lost Phoebe last June and she was Alfie's soul mate.:(. I have never felt more wretched than I did after we lost her, particularly as I felt responsible ( she died following her spey). I would love Alfie to find that same level of companionship again. We did introduce him to Maddie, but something went wrong after 6 weeks, so my boy is alone again. My only advice is extra cuddles, hopefully it will make you both feel better.

ThankYou. Well Rhia was with Jen when she fell asleep so I thought it might help her, but it really doesnt seem as though shes properly realised until today. She really freaked though when Jeni was going, she wouldnt go anywhere near her & jumped up onto me and wouldnt let me put her down. Was awful :cry: X

It must have been awful for you both. Thank goodness you were there to comfort her. Wolfie did a lot of sniffing but did do a lot of searching for her in the following days. Then he started sitting in his hutch a lot which was worrying because he never likes being inside. We made a point of going out to the garden as much as possible (it was last July) to speak to him and keep him busy. Since Gloria has arrived (end of August) he has gone back to his usual happy go lucky self. Hopefully your Rhia will do too.

Back