• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Double Date- Major updates page 4.

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
Today I am bonding Flump (Photielou's girlie) and the beautiful Harvey and also Hershey and Oscar.

I have just started with Harvey & Flump and initial signs are good at the moment. Harvey has lived with a girlie before but this is Flumps first 'adult relationship' lol.

Poor Flump also has lots of problems with her eyes so Im hoping between me and Harvey we can help tidy them up for her! BTW first impressions are they will look so cute together!

Hershey is still very grumpy after her VHD and sulking so Im hoping she dosnt take this out on Oscar. I will be starting their bond in about 3 hours so watch this space!

Last edited:
Harvey and Flump have moved into an indoor cage, one small scuffle from Harvey trying his luck but they are choosing to sit together.

Have started bond two and thats going well so far. Generally ignoring each other....Hershey is in a bad mood and Oscar is quite nervous.

Flump & Harvey are cuddled together in the far end of the large indoor cage, they ahve eaten dinner together and Im quite happy to just keep an ear on them now.

Oscar is humping the :censored: out of Hershey but provided she can eat at the same time she dosn't seem bothered. He keeps stampting though which is getting wuite annoying :rolleyes: Probably why Flump & Harvey are so quiet.

Ive given Flump her drops and trimmed some of the matting away from her left eye, will give them both a good clean tomorrow morning.

Thank you so much for that Sooz - lovely of you do trim her fur for me... I was waiting till I could find some baby scissors. So Glad it's going well - they will look so cute together! :D

Hope the other two calm down abit for u! hee hee :lol:

Me too, Lexie keeps running to see what all the noise is about and I am never going to get to sleep with this racket if its still going on tonight.

Oh well, 45 minutes and I can get a nerve calming beverage :lol:

Well the thumpig has stopped after I finished running the hoover around :shock: popped my head in the room and lifted up the towels (both cages covered over to prevent referred aggression) to find both pairs cuddled together!

So I will keep an ear on them but looks like my baby sitting duties are over for the time being.

They both look very cute together. Its days like this I really enjoy bonding :D

aww! Hee hee

Just got home -it's awful with out Flump here :cry: Can't wait for her to come home and Little Harvey will be a wonderful bonus :love:

Will they stay together all night Sooz?

Yes, once I start bonding I dont seperate them unless there is a serious injure and then I will stop for good.

Im in the room next door so can hear them during the night although if I think there may be problems its not unknown for me to move the cages next to my side of the bed for the night :lol:

What is referred aggression??

Fighting between a bonded pair due to the presence of another rabbit. As they cannot get at the 'intruder' they turn on each other.

It dosn't happen with all rabbits and sometimes they only take exception to certain others but I dont want to take any chances with them.

Were pretty much at the same stage we were last night.

Harvey & Flump, a little cuddling, sharing food, generally ignoring each other. No real attempt for dominance on either side and no humping at all. Harvey is much more outgoing and has been running about like a loon, Flump is just watching him in surprise (probably thinking what have I let myself in for here).

Oscar & Hershey, still an awful lot of mounting on Oscar's side and Hershey is just ignoring him. I have moved them back to the kitchen until this dies down as in a cage Im worried should Hershey have had enough she cannot move away and may retaliate. Oscar is chosing to sit next to her, running about and then returning. The poor lady keeps getting Oscars 'bits' in her face too and is looking decidedly unimpressed :lol: Hopefully he will get this out of his system today.

Back