• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

could this be possible?

Crystal butterfly

Warren Veteran
as you all know i lost one of my rabbits Honey i had no idea how she died but doing abit of research online yesturday has got me thinking :?

Honey had always had breathing problems, and when Honey was speyed the vet mentioned to me about a big build up of fluid in her abdominal (sp) (sorry cant spell to save my life) i didnt really know what she was saying as she never went into detail so i wasnt worrying :? but last night reading up on rabbit illnesses etc. i got onto abcesses and apparently abcesses can form internally and they start by a big build up of fluid... is this true? if she had an abcess internally could i have missed it? which resulted in her death? i so wish i had gone for the pm now because now im going to be surrounded by these what ifs :(

Aww Louise. I don't really know enough to help you but don't think about what ifs, think that you gave her a happy life & she went to the bridge a loved bunster. I've lost four bunnies in less than two years, and I know what one of them died of. The other three, we have good ideas..but I dont know. Something that keeps creeping into my mind is could Jen have been saved? If I'd gone ahead with those tests, Would she still be here? But then, I trust myself to know my buns enough to think that if there was a chance she could've got better, I would not in a million years have let her go. Im rambling now, but what Im trying to say is please dont think like that, It will haunt you...Think of the time you had with your little girl & cherish that. Hugs Honey Xx

yeah your right about us knowing when our pets have had enough the vet keeps trying to get me to have my guinea pig put to sleep but hes still happy and i know its not his time no matter what the vet says. but i just cant help but wonder if it could have been an abcess to have killed Honey and i missed signs of illness etc. i guess my main job now is to concentrate on my current buns and make their life better and happy.

Abscesses can form in the lungs. A build up of fluid can be related to heart trouble though and the fluid then puts pressure on the heart/lungs.

Tam

Sometimes I think having PM results (when no contagious illness is suspected) can do more harm than good. I opted not to have a PM performed on Caspian & Pippa. We think we knew what was wrong but we will never know for sure.

I prefere it that way....knowing for sure would only have led to even more 'what if's'.

Back