• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

fur pulling

Wispa & Zola

Mama Doe
when Wispa humps Zola she grips his fur between his teeth and when he runs away it gets ripped out. ive been finding clumps of fur around the house but wasnt sure how it was coming out but just saw her do it and i have a handful of fur!!!

should i be worried about this and is there anyway to stop her from doing it!!!

Zola doesnt fight but he does run away all wide eyed!!!!!

dunno bout when buns do it, but i can pull clumps out of Alvin, hes losing hair again and it doesnt hurt him... unless hes bald i dont think you need to worry hun hes prob losing it anyhows

well he is moulting cos he keeps leaving zola sized white patches on my carpet!! but this is BIG chunks of hair, i pulled a huge chunk out of her mouth earlier and she just went behind him and pulled a chunk out of his tail for no reason

Poor Zola. Is she causing him pain or any injury?
Perhaps she's just being naughty, or trying to help with his moulting??

i can pull big chunks out of alvin, and hes gettin poo/hair strings again.....were back on the pineapple again...lol

well he is moulting cos he keeps leaving zola sized white patches on my carpet!! but this is BIG chunks of hair, i pulled a huge chunk out of her mouth earlier and she just went behind him and pulled a chunk out of his tail for no reason

:no:Naughty Wispa!
I know what you mean about big chunks. If Midge sees any of my other groups of rabbits she becomes a little :evil: and chases her daughters all over the place pulling chunks out of their bums, so hers is like a transferred aggression.
Sounds like Wispa is a little over amorous:lol:

Back