• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Safe bunny toys...?

Cob-Web

Warren Scout
In less that a week, I've become a bunny-bore :lol: - I have been asking friends, family and colleagues to keep and collect all sorts of things that are suitable bunny toys :)

I now have an endless supply of cardboard boxes and tubes of various sizes and mountains of newspaper - but was wondering about other things too......

What about a doormat made of coconut fibres for them to dig at?
What about nylon-rope dog toys - balls and raggies/twists?
I assume that tennis balls would be no good cos they are made of rubber?

Thank you, once again :D

Apologies if I shouldn't bump this up, but our local pet store has rope toys on offer - can I buy them for Flopsy and Topsy? :?:

Thanks

Mine have a cat scratch post, and I stick little pieces of veg around it on it and in it... they will sit and scratch at it and lay on it for hours...

They also have a rope toy... they dont really use it though!!:(

I'd avoid nylon rope style toys in case they chew them and swallow the threads. Cotton reels would be okay, I have a piece of string with things hanging off with clothes pegs, a towel/paper hung over something is good. I stuff small boxes with hay/paper/food and then close the lid so he has to chew in, boxes pushed together to make tunnels.

For shop brought try a treat ball - that might be in the dog/cat section. Also the scewers (either small animal or parrot section) which you can thread chunks of veg on. Plastic things are okay like an upturned plastic dog bed or childs plastic step stool for sitting on/under.

Cat tunnels and jingle balls are a favourite of my lot - they love throwing them around hen they're in a temper:D

We have a dishwasher box laid on it's side, full of yellow pages and paper to dig in, they like things they can fling, and small jingly balls. Chewy toys always a winner, tunnels, hay filled loo and kitchen rolls and they adore the treat balls.:D

Tesco have a three-way cat tunnel at the moment for £12. It's no use for mine because it is material not outdoor stuff.

Back