• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny veggie help

PucciBaby

New Kit
I bought my bun from a breeder who told me that I dont need to feed him any veggies or fruits because the pellets that she has (Kent 17% protein) has enough vitamins and everything that he would need. but i feel like he is missing out on some fun. he is also only 3 month (4 on the 8th of Feb) and i hear ur not suppose to feed them anything extraordinary before 6 months. THANKS PALLIES:bunny:

I am sure he will need some veggies:D
I started Angel on a teeny bit of spring greens when she was around 3 months old.If you try him with a little at a time he should be fine.
Mine love spring greens,parsley,celery,corriander,carrot and kale:D

I have always been taught to feed hay and pellets for 6 months, and then introduce veggies one at a time. I certainly think that hay and veggies are a staple in a buns diet, as opposed to a treat. Yes, pellets are nutritionally complete, but keep in mind a rabbits natural diet is that or a grazer... and they graze on hay and grass and veggies!

Rabbits like to graze, so I imagine that if they grazed all day on pellets they would get fat. Pellets are very nutritious - almost too nutritious.

Just keep an eye on what comes out - too many soft poops and you should cut back on pellets and give more hay and veg.

Back