• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Have you successfully bonded 2 boys????

kerina

Warren Scout
Has anyone managed to successfully bond 2 boys???

I have a Nethie and an Agouti (uppey eared medium sized), both boys.

The nethie is neutered but the agouti isn't (yet.....)

It is worth even attempting to see if they'll get on?

Kerina

bonded two guys

Yes I have - a little x dwarf and a lop - the lop very young - the other c7yrs. They love each other.
Also Parsley (my roaming male) wants to bond with everyone as he is so friendly - and is trying to get it to a 3some!

:DI personally havnt succeeded in bonding my two boys so they now each have a girlfriend. you can always try it... and if not get them a girlfriend each

I haven't got room for a girlfriend each....yet!!!

From joining this forum, I know that I have to buy two new hutches for my existings boys before trying to add any girls into the mix!! Also, if the bonding with new girls doesn't work out, then I end up with three or possibly four single buns - thats 4off 6ft x 4ft runs which is equal to 96sq ft of room in my garden!!!

Any tips on trying to bond them? Should I wait until I've had Thumper "done"?

Yes I have - a little x dwarf and a lop - the lop very young - the other c7yrs. They love each other.
Also Parsley (my roaming male) wants to bond with everyone as he is so friendly - and is trying to get it to a 3some!

What are there temperaments like?

Smokey (nethie) is a stroppy little man - he bustles about being bossy and grumpy!! Whereas Thumper (agouti) is much more laid back and easy going (and much friendlier!!)

Yes I have. It was to lionheads and they got on brilliant from me putting them together.
Tyson & Bruno
TysonBruno.jpg

How about putting the 2 Boy's runs next to each other. Just to see how they react. It may give you an idea on how they may get on before you go out to buy the new hutches etc, If they look comfortable together maybe think about trying them as a bonded pair?

I do now. Originally they were in a trio with a female but we took the female out to make a friend for my lonely single boy.

Personally I would not attempt to bond two boys again unless they were really laid back though. Im worried my two may fall out now Scout has gone and keep checking on them.

Yes, I have 2 boys too, a frenchie and a dwarfy, both un-related but you might of gathered that:lol::lol::lol:Although I got Tracy at rngpwelfare to do the bonding as I was worried about the size difference:oops::lol::lol:

I personally dont think it is worth trying to see if they get on until you get the agouti neutered and his hormones have calmed down, then I would try but if your worried then send them to a rescue to do the bonding;):D

After neutering, I would try it and see how they react - be ready to seperate quickly.

I wouldn't recommend anyone go out and get two boys with the aim of pairing them up but if you have them already then you might as well see how it works.

It really depends on their attitude to other males. They'll either both want to be boss = fight, both be wimps = friends or somewhere in the middle and you'll have to see.

Tam

Back