• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weird noise

JoLB

Warren Scout
Was just playing with Barney and he made a kind of snort sound. Then he did it again and went towards me, as if he was going for me. Not sure if he was or not 'cos I moved! Why'd he do that?

I think Barney just growled at you. Sometimes biting closely follows growling so you might want to just leave him for a little bit. You might have peeved him off.

I would agree, sounds like a growl. has your bun been neutered? or maybe he was just a little upset...Lola growls at me when i stop her going into the pantry where the food is kept:lol:

A grumpy bun will growl neutered or not I reckon.

We had a very old rabbit (we adopted her during her retirement) and she used to growl at everything. We just learned to love her growly ways. Just make sure your reflexes are quicker than his or you'll get nipped!

My Splodge grunts like this and she has been neutered. She does it if I am trying to get het out of the corner usually and she refuses to come out. She is a little madam though!!

Thanks everyone!

He has been neutered. i was probably bugging him then (maybe rabbits don't understand the concept of peek-a-boo :lol: )

Sometimes I think Thumper growls during play she does it when chasing my hand, Then she stops and wait's for a stroke.

Bluebell has started growling if he doesn't want to go in at night. He never did it before he was neutered so it can't be hormonal!

Back