• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Help Please - Update Happy Couple

Amy104

Warren Veteran
Well I finally tried introducing Willow and Bluebell yesterday. Initally Willow tried mounting Bluebell but he was having none of it. He tried mounting her and she let him. He did this a few times, until she had enough. This was when the chasing started with her trying to hide from him. He wasn't being aggressive towards her, just trying to mount. After twenty mins she laid down and he seemed to be ignoring her. Is this a good start or no?

Last edited:
hi. this sounds like normal bonding behaviour and, if there's no aggresion, its a great start. good luck with the rest of their bonding. i am starting today with my new rescue bun who is, hopefully, to be a girlfriend for my Pixie. good luck to you (and me!). x

Sounds like a good start to me! Humping can mean "I want to be the boss here" so as long as there's no fighting, it should be ok.

We have 2 brother bunnies that take turns humping. It only lasts for a few seconds, and the bunny underneath never seems to mind. If they do, they just hop away, but the humper tends to lose interest before that happens.

Thanks. I spent all weekend supervising with no further probs. Bluebell soon got fed up of mounting and they are now snuggling like little love birds. I never thought it would be that easy.

Back