• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fred Has Deteriorated Again-U/D 16th March - :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Fred's steroid injection has obviously worn off now ( he had it on Tuesday) and he is showing signs of discomfort again :cry: He has also stopped eating, apart from a nibble at some Romaine Lettuce :cry:
I will take him to see Christabel today. He could have a longer acting Steroid but *if* it is Lymphoma all it will do is buy him another 7 days. To get a better chance of a diagnosis we need a blood sample which Fred is way too stressed to endure without a GA. I will ask Christabel if a GA is an option. Then if the bloods could be run through whilst he is still asleep and the results confirm or point to what we fear Fred would not be woken up.
It is so hard to know what to do when I dont know for sure that he has Lymphoma. Although me and Christabel suspect he has :cry:After his last steroid injection Fred seemed so well, back to his normal cheeky self. But this morning he is a stressed and anxious little Bunny again :cry: He is also in some degree of pain :cry: I have given him a strong pain killer (Christabel said to do so should a relapse occur)

Poor Fred :cry:

Picture685.jpg

Janex :cry:

Last edited:
I'm sorry your baby has deteriorated. He's a beautiful boy.
Thinking of you both today and sending you both lots of love.

Nicola and Harvey xxx

oh no, i was really hoping for good news:( we will be thinking of you and fred today and the difficult decision you have to make. i'm sure you will do what's best for Fred and he knows how much you love him

Well its good and bad news. The good news is Fred is still with us. Christabel said that on examination today he was *not* at the stage where PTS should take place. She said the enlarged lymph node in his abdomen has actually gone down :shock: :? but there is now some thickening within the abdomen. Fred has also lost some more weight :cry: The bad news is that Christabel *thinks* we are dealing with Lymphoma. To obtain a definitive diagnosis Fred would have to be opened up and biopsies taken of the lymph node. There is no way I would put Fred through that. IMO he would not benefit in any way as if the biopsies came back as malignant he would have to have Chemotherapy. Fred would never cope with the stress. Also, opening his abdomen and moving his guts about to access the lymph node would be VERY high risk in itself. It is completely out of the question.

So me and Christabel have decided to give Fred a long acting (7-10 days) steroid as he had such a good response before. He will also remain on abx as the steroid will supress his immune system. Christabel said that Fred may be able to enjoy a few more months of good quality life on a regime of a steroid injection every 7-10 days plus daily abx. So that is what we intend to do. Obviously if Fred does not respond to treatment this time or any time in the coming weeks I will let him go.

Janex

Sending vibes to Fred xxx

I think steriods bought us a few extra weeks with my beloved Sh*tty, I hope you get the same with Fred.

Back