• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

do rabbits get depressed.

They certainly do, I've got two very depressed buns currently, its all because of the weather in my two's case but definately get a vet check if your worried :)

Yeh, I think so. Especially if they've had a friend who's died.
Also when they're poorly, Skid was really depressed when he was ill, it was heartbreaking to see when he was usually such a happy jumpy little bunny.

Honestly it sounds like she is having tummy troubles, which is very serious in rabbits.:? How much and what is she eating? Has she been pooing normally?

I would be more inclined to think your rabbit has the beginnings of GI stasis, possibly secondary to a dental problem.

Has she ever had dental issues? Is she toileting? Is she shifting positions regularly, cold to the touch, have a swollen/hard tummy or grinding her teeth?

when this happened to woody, he then started drooling and losing weight and the vet found he has terrible problems with his teeth - he must've been in so much pain :cry: i would take yours to the vet, just in case! :D

Hi, thanks for replies. She is one in march, been spayed. Been to vets 3 times, tummy sorted as eating now but just so quiet, could be lack of energy?? Any more ideas????

When Wolfie's original companion Holly died, he would sit in his hutch a lot in the bed bit. He withdrew into himself. It was very sad. Now that he has a new pal, he never goes into the hutch unless it's to eat or when they both go to bed. I suppose that's the most I have noticed him being depressed.

Been to vet, saw a different vet who found her back teeth were too long so has filed them. She must have been in pain poor thing. Hoping for a full recovery now.

First vet missed this 3 times, makes me mad!!!

Back