• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nightmare =[

loobie_lou

Mama Doe
Well, I secured Jamie and Sapphires hutch, as always, last night. I woke up at 5:30 as mother nature called, for some reason I looked out the back window and what I saw shocked me!! The top of the Happy Hutch roof, along with the tarpauline and the fleecey blanket had blown off of the hutch!!! I could see Jamie running round the garden petrified, and I couldn't see Sapphire... I was in such a state, and woke Hawys up. We ran downstairs and out in to the garden and Sapphire was still in the hutch but was shaking like a leaf :cry: my poor baby.

Hawys managed to catch Jamie, but he was really dirty and distressed - god knows how long the hutch had been like that!!!! I brought them both inside and sorted out their litter tray and food etc in the kitchen and went back to bed after sitting up with them for a bit.

I am SO glad that I went to the toilet when I did, I don't know what made me look out of the window but I am so glad I did... especially as when we eventually got up the hutch had completely blown upside down!!! There's no doubt in my mind that Jamie, who looks like he'd been hiding under the tarpauline round the back of the hutch, would have been crushed and god knows what would have happened to Sapphire.

We had to take the hutch and run apart because the back garden floods a fair bit - so Hawys secured it on the lawn and covered it totally in tarpauline so the hutch wouldn't get damaged.

I am so gutted yet so relieved!

The wind is awful here in Liverpool =[ x

So am I. I've never s**t myself so much before!! When I couldn't see Sapphire I just burst in to tears :cry::oops:

Got to work out where to have the hutch now, and how much damage has been done.

I'm pretty sure they are, they're away from the wind now and indoors. Keeping my kitchen relatively cool so that they don't get too warm and lose their winter coats.

What a shock, poor you. :( The roof on my Happy Hutch got blown open once, too, but luckily I was in the garden at that time. I had just a piece of wood stuck through the latch on the front and it broke in the storm. Now I have a metal carabiner instead. When the roof got blown open, the hinges at the back got badly damaged.

I now prefer to get a hutch where the roof doesn't open, I don't use that anyway.

Glad your bunnies are ok and safe now.

What a shock, poor you. :( The roof on my Happy Hutch got blown open once, too, but luckily I was in the garden at that time. I had just a piece of wood stuck through the latch on the front and it broke in the storm. Now I have a metal carabiner instead. When the roof got blown open, the hinges at the back got badly damaged.

I now prefer to get a hutch where the roof doesn't open, I don't use that anyway.

Glad your bunnies are ok and safe now.

Thanks =]

And thanks for that idea! I'm going to get the OH to nail the roof down I think, and reopen my desire to get a shed :lol:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

My goodness! I can feel your fear and relief all at the same time! So glad they are ok, thank goodness for weak bladders! :rolleyes: :lol:

OMG how horrible..... you have an amazing sixth sense for your buns hun.... how are they now?

Lol, I do. Hawys, my partner, even thinks I am turning in to a rabbit. Whenever I hear a noise I bolt up and concentrate on it til I know it's safe - oh my god lol.

They're both great now, loving the freedom of the kitchen - it's quite a nice size for them to binky around in.

I'd LOVE them to stay in but Hawys isn't keen, so I can't keep disrespecting her wishes, lol.

Thanks for the good wishes people, Jamie and Sapphire are ok now =] And I've just about calmed down. The hutch is ruined, however, so Hawys is going to have a go repairing it this weekend with more wood.

xx

Can you not try and get a refund hun? Or a replacement hutch? It shouldnt really break from bad wind :? Xx

Thanks =]

And thanks for that idea! I'm going to get the OH to nail the roof down I think, and reopen my desire to get a shed :lol:

trauma :( i have a happy hutch and i put a hasp and staple in at the side so i could padlock the roof down. glad your buns are ok now

Back