• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buns with GI trouble....

Gem

Wise Old Thumper
Would all those owners that have had buns with GI trouble over the last few weeks (During the really wet weather) mind letting me know what they are fed on?

I'm looking at a possiblity that its something to do with the feed rather than a weather disturbance

mine are all fed the same so I don't think it's the food that's made Zinniea poorly, although it's impossible to monitor how fast she eats/how much she eats in a group of 4 - I guess they all gobble it like crazy beasts, and then fight over the last bit, whereas Maa and Benny look like they're enjoying their food at leisure :)

See, mine are all fed the same but I've got three very very ill bunnies :( and eight perfectly fine ones :?

I see your thinking, but say there was a rogue ingredient in something, it would have to work like exposure to say the flu virus, some get sick some don't.

well out of all mine Zinniea's the only one I've ever had to syringe feed in over 2yrs (touch wood!) - although Primrose her sister seemed to be ill just after I'd got Zinniea better at Christmas, just a chase around the shed sorted her tummy ache out. So with it being the same rabbit all the time I'm more inclined to think it's the way she eats or something's frightened her - might be different with yours unless they're related, in which case it could be a genetic abnormality?

Bif has a weakness for it as you know hun but she was on a and p pellets...timmy hay 2nd cut and some spring greens in moderation.

think its the aftermath of christmas and new year and stress they get it off us os easily and only the most open buns seem to get it..bertie n willow didnt and bandit had a few soft poos.bif had gi stasis.

Hi, Katy came down with it on Christmas Day!! We have had her 18 months and she has never been ill - typical :rolleyes:

Both of mine are fed on Oxbow, they also get spring greens (normally asda), broccoli, carrot. It was all what they were normally fed and it was just Katy (thank goodness) who got GI statis.

Must admit there does seem to be a lot of bunnies that have had it since Christmas and I don't think it is because I am more aware of it. Would be interesting to know why!

guess my two don't help either

Parsley had GI but the vet detected pain in his neck and thought he had banged himself somehow - so that doesn't count, and Willow actually DID have a real hairball (I know - I thought they were a fallacy too!!).

twigs

Back