• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another question from a newbie

Cob-Web

Warren Scout
:?

I thought I was doing OK with my two rescue bunnies, but after a conversation with a colleague today - I'm not sure!

The rabbits I rescued were purported to be lionheads, and the vet nurse agreed when I took them for a check up.....however, while chatting today, a colleague said that lionheads have small ears :?

Flopsy and Tospy have big ears - Flopsy actually has one ear that "lops" :love:

So, are they lionheads, or something else? (sorry about the picture, I'm still learning!)

100_2205.jpg

My bun Gloria is half-lionhead and she has floppy ears, one of which pops up when she is listening! Maybe they are not full lionhead.

Lionheads are a quite need breed so there are quite a few different 'types'. There is also the lionhead lop. I would say your two are possibly lionhead crosses - but those tufts are definately lionhead :D

well even if you dont know their exact heritage - it doesn't mean you're 'not doing well' with them!!!

they are beautiful bunsters, you must be very proud :)

Lionheads do vary a lot, some are really fluffy and others not quite so. But about the ears, those ears look fairly small to me, well definately compared my two rexes, they have huge ears. :lol:

They're very pretty bunnies and definately have lionhead in them if they're not purebred. Doesn't really matter what breed they are unless you plan to show or breed I guess.

Thank you for all your lovely comments :)

No, it doesn't matter what type they are - they are gorgeous :love:.

I have assumed that they were originally bought from PaH (our local PaH opened 12 months ago with loads of *offers*, and these bunnies are just the right age :roll:) so I guess they could be any combination of pedigree's really, couldn't they? They are never going to be suitable for showing, and I certainly wouldn't breed :?

I'm slowly getting back into the swing of bunny-care; all my colleagues have been asked to keep their newspapers and any cardboard tubes and I intercept any cardboard boxes I find, too :lol:

Back