• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Insurance?

uniqueanneek

Alpha Buck
I just got a new baby dwarf lop called Rocky. He's my first rabbit and is an absolute gem! He's 12 weeks now, and I'm thinking about getting health care insurance cover for him.

Does anyone else have their rabbit insured? Is it worthwhile? and which insurance company would you recommend?

just for info, he is an indoor bunny and I will be getting him neutered when he is old enough. I'm also taking him for a health check and consultation at my local vets so they can give him the once over!

Any advice is much appreciated!

Last edited:
We have 2 1/2 year mini lop house bun! She's with petplan where you can at the mo get 2 months free!

It costs us £9.27 a month and the excess is £50.

We got it after Bunnie was in GI Stasis before xmas as treatment cost £180 pounds in all!

If you are going to get it do it soon as Bunnie will not be covered for gut problems until she has been clear of anything tummy related for a year, then they will cover her for it! It's worth it I think in case something costly may happen.

We can afford vet bills but never know whats round corner!

You need to make sure up to date on vhd and Myxi jabs and she will have to have teeth checked but I found petplan good! you can get a free quote on line from them and they send u their T&C's so you can see what they cover and what they don't!

Thanks for the info... will go and check out pet plan now! Sounds like a good option with good cover. Although there are always seems to be exceptions somewhere!

Definitely get them insured our bun's latest vet bill was £1100!!!!!!!! We pay £16.02 but that's for 2 buns with Petplan and £50 excess

Back