• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Holly was ill last night *poo pic*

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Holly my little lionhead at the front of my sig, was really off last night. I could not get her to eat and she was huddled up, I gave her some metcam and infacol and tried to get her to eat, I gave her a bit of liquid paraffin once I she started getting a bit down her and this morning this had come out of her bum :shock: ouch, no wonder she was in pain, imagine this coming out of her little bum hole, it was covered in hair :( it beats Carys constipation :lol:

S4020470.jpg

S4020471.jpg

She's back to her normal self today.

Thank you, yep she was thankfully totally back to normal, I couldn't believe the size of it :shock:

Oooh :shock: That looks painful. What causes it? Tarquin has been doing a few like this - though not so many together :shock: - and on Saturday night he did a string of about five together and then he had an episode on Sunday night where I had to Infacol, tummy rub and syringe feed. He was really quite ill but perked up quickly after I'd done all that. I'm wondering now if it was related? How can you stop them doing it like that?

Glad Holly is feeling better.

Oooh :shock: That looks painful. What causes it? Tarquin has been doing a few like this - though not so many together :shock: - and on Saturday night he did a string of about five together and then he had an episode on Sunday night where I had to Infacol, tummy rub and syringe feed. He was really quite ill but perked up quickly after I'd done all that. I'm wondering now if it was related? How can you stop them doing it like that?

Glad Holly is feeling better.

To be honest I don't really know, I lost a rescue bunny (Delilah) to an hair blockage before and she died while the vet was trying to get it out. Now I am totally paranoid over hair,. I think to be honest it's just a build up, I now give a bit of liquid parafin if they're a bit poorly just in case, although I know some people don't recomend it, but I am so paranoid about hair, I do use it.

I had to give liquid parafin to my canary when she was egg bound once.

Poor Holly having to pass that out. :shock:

To be honest I don't really know, I lost a rescue bunny (Delilah) to an hair blockage before and she died while the vet was trying to get it out. Now I am totally paranoid over hair,. I think to be honest it's just a build up, I now give a bit of liquid parafin if they're a bit poorly just in case, although I know some people don't recomend it, but I am so paranoid about hair, I do use it.

Yikes :shock:. I'm not surprised you worry.

Since Sunday T's only done a couple that were joined together in pairs.

Poor Holly - I can imagine it was hard work getting rid of that :eek:

Errrrrrrrrrrrr I dont think I can beat that mine are a totally different shape and thanks to my new best friend porridge I am pleased to say I am much more flat stomached :lol:

Back