• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Run from Gloucester to Ebony eyes pls

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Posted on behalf of Jaypot

Can anyone help in a bunnyrun to get Spot (the disabled bunny from Bobtails) from Surrey to Gloucester at all please? If anyone can help it would be wonderful:D:D Even if it's towards the end of February as a dear friend is going to look after her until the 5th March where she will then go on to Wales - I am having more buns brought up to me in Scotland on 6th March but Spot will stay with John for a little while as I will have more buns and he will have more time with her - this will mean he gets to know her personality and of course, she can meet our vet Sally:D
Please, if you can help let me know - I so want Spot and Delia has said that she can come to Ebony-Eyes :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I would be pleased to help.

I am not too far from Bobtails and know Delia and I have a friend that lives not to far from Gloucester that I could visit on my way home.

I work part-time (Mondays and Fridays) but apart from that am free most of the time (when not cleaning out my own buns).

Hope I can help out, especially as it's for the lovely spot!

Helen

I could do the last bit of the journey if someone could get the little fella to Chester I could take him to Ebony eyes in Wales..

I could do a run either from Gloucester to Oxford or Gloucester to Cirencester to fetch Spot,

or I could do a run from Gloucester to Leominster on the way up to Wales.

(I think I know someone who might be able to do the run either from Bobtails to Slough or Slough to Oxford but can't get hold of her on the phone at the mo)- I will let you know on that later.)
I have transported my own bunny before but does Spot need any special considerations when travelling due to his disability?
- Sue :wave:

Yes- have spoken to Bunlover - she could do run from Slough to Oxford to meet me- Sue x:wave:

not sure if Duchess is doing the run from Bobtails to Gloucester ? if so - iI would do a run from Gloucester to Leominster en route to N.Wales-Sue

Last edited:
Yes- have spoken to Bunlover - she could do run from Slough to Oxford to meet me- Sue x:wave:

not sure if Duchess is doing the run from Bobtails to Gloucester ? if so - iI would do a run from Gloucester to Leominster en route to N.Wales-Sue

yeh thats fins i could do slough to oxford or even from bobtails to oxford... if needed(obv would be easier if could do from slough but i can come to bobtails i ness)

any updates please? i am driving from slough to glos on 16th i could take spot with us then? snowy and dora will be in the car too as am going to mums.? let me know if sorted or not

any updates please? i am driving from slough to glos on 16th i could take spot with us then? snowy and dora will be in the car too as am going to mums.? let me know if sorted or not
bump.... er has this been sorted yet? just so i know my plans.?

Just thought everyone would like to know that Spot - now known as Libby has made the first part of her journey to be with Jay at Ebony Eyes today.

Collected her from Bobtails where Jim gave her a lovely send off.

She traveled really well and didn't hang around getting to know her new 'flat mates' upon arrival at her lovely foster home with Lizzie.

A couple of snaps of her below. Not great pictures as she wouldn't sit still!

IMG_0861.jpg

IMG_0859.jpg

Awwww bless her heart!!
I bet Jay cant wait for her to arrive. Spot will have the most wondeful forever home at Ebony Eyes.
Well done The Duchess for helping Spot on her journey to Jay

Janex :wave:

Hiya Jane.

It was great to be able to do this for Libby and Jay today - it was a grand day out! I think we clocked up 300 miles round trip or thereabouts.

I haven't been to Bobtails for a while. We received a tour of the current lodgers and had some cuddles and then we were introduced to Libby. She is a wonderful wee girl with loads of spirit. I am sure that Jay is going to love her so much.

Bring on the next bunderground trip!

Oh Helen - I really can't thank you enough for taking Libby to her foster home :D She looks absolutely adorable and Lizzie has already said that she's been tormenting the boys:oops::lol:
She says that she gets around just like our Cinders so maybe when they are all together she may bond with Cinders and Jasper - or nag 'em like mad:lol::lol:
She looks the cheekiest minx:D I love her to bits and I haven't even met her in the fur yet:oops:
I can't wait to see her - I just love froggie buns:lol::lol::lol: They have such character and seeing them adapt to their disabilities is not only humbling but so bloody funny:lol::lol::lol:
Thank you so very much again - and I've nicked the pictures to put them in her file:D
Libby says thank you as well and that she had a lovely time in the car and enjoyed all the fuss:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Love from us all at EE Wales and EE Scotland :D:D

Hiya Jay.

It was our pleasure to be able to help. We could very easily have bunny napped her! She really is a little treasure and I am sure that she will be keeping you on your toes!

I have heard how good you are with your buns from Jim at Bobtails so how lovely that she is going to live with you and yours.

I only hope I get to meet you sometime soon.

Meeting Lizzie and her tribe was a real treat today, as was seeing my good friend Sally who came across to meet Libby too.

Let me know how she gets on!

Helen x:D

Back