• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spudsey back from vets having been spayed

Beatrix Potter

Mama Doe
Thank god she's home! Was so worried I might have lost her would have been heartbroken.

She stayed at the vets all day, they were thinking of letting her home early due to her being wild as didn't want to stress her, but she was fine.

She's indoors anyway, but have taken out all her shelves in the cage so she can't climb anywhere and put a fleecy pet mat on the base. Seems to be laying down a lot bless her, never known her so quiet.

Shes drank water, and done lots of droppings but not eaten yet.

She loves toast do you think that would be ok to offer her? I'm not sure if theres anything I shouldn't give. Tried her with pellets and apple but no interest.

Do have some recovery sachets somewhere but wouldn't be able to syringe feed her as she won't let me hold her.

Thank god she's home! Was so worried I might have lost her would have been heartbroken.

She stayed at the vets all day, they were thinking of letting her home early due to her being wild as didn't want to stress her, but she was fine.

She's indoors anyway, but have taken out all her shelves in the cage so she can't climb anywhere and put a fleecy pet mat on the base. Seems to be laying down a lot bless her, never known her so quiet.

Shes drank water, and done lots of droppings but not eaten yet.

She loves toast do you think that would be ok to offer her? I'm not sure if theres anything I shouldn't give. Tried her with pellets and apple but no interest.

Do have some recovery sachets somewhere but wouldn't be able to syringe feed her as she won't let me hold her.

I am so pleased that she got through her spay OK :D
Dont worry about her not eating tonight, she has poo'd so her guts are working :D
Water, warmth and rest are what she needs overnight. Just leave tiny portions of her fave foods within easy reach and allow her to sleep off the remains of the GA

Well done Spudsey-wildie-Bunny !! :D:D

Janex

I am so pleased that she got through her spay OK :D
Dont worry about her not eating tonight, she has poo'd so her guts are working :D
Water, warmth and rest are what she needs overnight. Just leave tiny portions of her fave foods within easy reach and allow her to sleep off the remains of the GA

Well done Spudsey-wildie-Bunny !! :D:D

Janex

Thanks Jane! Have put our heating up a bit tonight so that the temparature doesn't drop too much (got a cold house us). Pooing loads!!! Will put a bit of toast in too and hope she has a nibble later but yes just resting bless her heart.

great news ...im sure she ll be fine . ;)

could you pick her a bit of grass ...i find that usualy tempts them :D

She doesn't actually seem to like grass :shock: might like it when she gets outside, I give her justgrass the dried stuff but she has to be starved of pellets before she touches it.

Put some toast in but its been ignored, shes just very very tired. Have come upstairs early and turned the lights off so she can get some sleep. And taken the phone out of the room in case it rings and disturbs her.

The things we do for our buns! :lol:

yeah and dandelions too - if you can find any in the dark - usually tempts them when they're low but if she's pooing that's a great start, so hopefully she'll eat more tomorrow - they tend to perk up around 3 am when the anaesthetic really wears off :)

Hi Suzanne :wave:

Glad Spudsey has got through her op ok. Give her a snuggle from me. Spring greens chopped up are always a fave.

Hope she's back to her normal self soon.

Hugs,

Nicola and Harvey xxx

Hi everyone

Spudsey seems ok this morning, has eaten a bit of toast and a tiny bit of curly kale. gave her another bit of toast this morning!

Only had a bit of toast this morning and a TINY amount of curly kale. Found her some dandelion leaves but no interest. The only thing she seems to be enjoying is the bark from a branch my o/h found for her at the weekend!

Glad she got through her spay OK.

She is probably feeling a bit rubbish still, it took Smokey a while to get over it too.

Just keep her warm and keep tempting her with bits of her favourite foods, I'd probably put her water in a little bowel too.

Lots of vibes

FCxx

Glad she got through her spay OK.

She is probably feeling a bit rubbish still, it took Smokey a while to get over it too.

Just keep her warm and keep tempting her with bits of her favourite foods, I'd probably put her water in a little bowel too.

Lots of vibes

FCxx

Hi again :wave:

Still eating toast! plus some dandelion leaves and a bit of curly kale. Has eaten no pellets (most unusual) or hay.

water is in a bowl anyway as she doesn't like water bottles!

very active this morning, rattling her cage and binkying!!!!

Back