• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Ryedale hutch - does the height look ok?

sillyrabbit

Wise Old Thumper
My hutch arrived!!! :D Stupid delivery men were meant to call to arrange delivery when I would be there so I could have someone ready to bring it into the garden but instead they phoned and left a message on the answerphone saying they would be delivering it yesterday afternoon, luckily my mum arrived home just as they stopped outside the house then they were just going to leave it in the street my mum had to beg them to help her bring it to the back gate :shock:

Here it is

DSC07997.jpg

And with the shutters on

DSC07998.jpg

The inside of the bedroom part, its not as big as the happyhutches but Buu and Beau seem to prefer the open part of their hutches anyways

DSC07999.jpg

And the open part

DSC08000.jpg

DSC08002.jpg

And with the bunnies! Do you guys think the height looks ok? Buu did stand up to get a treat from me and her head didnt touch the top. I tried to get Beau to stand up but he wasnt having any of it! I think ive only seen him stand up maybe twice in the last year though so he doesnt do it often

DSC08009.jpg

DSC08015.jpg

DSC08011.jpg

I hope the height is ok! I do wish I could have got 2ft height but I am happy with the hutch in general :D

Its so strong too, and really heavy. Im so pleased with the quality, my happyhutches seem really flimsy compared to this one :lol: Even the mesh is really strong! I would definetly recommend these hutches :D

Looks great! As long as they can stretch up the height seems fine to me. Is it treated or will you have to do that?

They seem to be able to, Buu is bigger than Beau so if she can stand he should be able to. Im just worried about his uppy ear hitting the top when he stands. But its taken him a while to even walk properly and since I havent seen him stand properly before Im not actually sure that he can :? :( He stretches more than any of my other buns but he does it laying down :lol:

Nope its not treated, im just going to hang on a month until the weather is better before treating it :D Knowing my luck I will paint it and it will rain :lol:

Looks brill! :D

Mine new rydale hutch is being delivered on Sunday. Yay I'm so excited!

I've gone for similar to you, but with interconnecting ramp and only one bedroom area (mine tend to hang out in the main part of the hutch as well, bedroom is usually for toileting).

I went for the extra hight, but only because Crunchie is quite big. The normal hight looks fine for an average size bunny (especially if they've got lop ears).

Amy

How come you have had anotherhutch hun? Tell me more is that hutch just for either Beau or Buu and the other will stay in the hutch they lived in together? :shock: They are so not spoilt bunnies ;):lol:

Whats the measurements - its looks huge. Was it expensive if you don't mind me asking?

Sure will be some happy bunnies in there

Its 6ft x 2fx x just under 2ft :lol: I really wanted 2ft height but because mine had to be shipped overseas it had to be 4ft height in total to fit on the thing they put it on in the boat so each hutch is just under. The postage made it quite expensive but I believe postage is free if you live in the mainland. I paid £330 for the actual hutch, but had extras like the shutters and bolts which costs more and I paid a bit extra to have them higher than the standard height :D Its a lovely hutch though and really well made. I think its definetly worth the money even the extra for my postage :lol: It should last ages ;)

Cool, please post some more pics of Buu and Beau, dutch lops i mean come on could you get any cuter??

I will get some more of them at the weekend :lol:

It looks lovely, i like the shutters, did they come with it too?

Yep the shutters came with the hutch, you can choose to have them or not :D

Looks brill!

Mine new rydale hutch is being delivered on Sunday. Yay I'm so excited!

I've gone for similar to you, but with interconnecting ramp and only one bedroom area (mine tend to hang out in the main part of the hutch as well, bedroom is usually for toileting).

I went for the extra hight, but only because Crunchie is quite big. The normal hight looks fine for an average size bunny (especially if they've got lop ears).

Oooooh how exciting!! I got a ramp and the bit to shut it off, that way I can always put the ramp in at a later date :D

How come you have had anotherhutch hun? Tell me more is that hutch just for either Beau or Buu and the other will stay in the hutch they lived in together? They are so not spoilt bunnies
Today 11:09 AM

:lol: Buu and Beau are both in there, but seperate :( They have one part each. They werent living together too long because Beau kept fighting with Buu and she was starting to get annoyed and it didnt look like it was going to work.

They are only sharing this until I move out though :D Im still looking for somewhere to live :shock: and when I find somewhere the plan is to get Buu a boyfriend to live in this hutch with her and im going to try and build a run to fit onto the front :lol: And Beau will be a housebun! I will try my best to pair him up with a girl too eventually but I really want to get Buu sorted first as she hates living inside :roll: :lol: At the moment they are fairly close to each other most of the time so at least have bunny company through mesh :lol:

The happyhutch they were in is being used as shelter in the big run at the moment so they have somewhere to sit when it rains because they are taking turns of being in the run or in the kitchen while im at work :D The run I have there now is only being used for play though so I am going to sell the happyhutch as its a bit big for just a shelter during the day and its too hard to move about by myself when I fold the run up at night :oops: Its in fairly good condition so if I sell it I will buy the buns at the rescue extra toys next month ;)

Back