• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

large rabbit run wanted

jackiestone

Warren Veteran
The run which came with the buns is only 4ft x 3ft so i need a bigger one,i am not up to making one and the biggest one on happy hutch is £95.Any ideas please,even the ones at Pets at home are small,i thought as they were doing bigger hutches they would do the runs too!:wave:

Jackie

I got my 5ftx5ft run from Happy Hutch company. It was about £50 at the time, I think. This was the biggest run I could find, but personally, I'd want a bigger one. Something around 8ftx8ft. Why not build one? Many people on here have.

i WOULD LIKE ONE THAT I COULD SIT IN MYSELF,I KNOW THAT SOUNDS DAFT BUT IT WOULD BE USEFUL FOR ME AS MY BUNS ARE FRIENDLY BUT OF COURSE DONT LIKE TO BE PICKED UP,BUT WILL SIT WITH YOU ETC.I REALLY COULDNT MAKE ONE,I WOULD MAKE A RIGHT HASH OF IT AND IT WOULDNT LOOK VERY GOOD.I THINK AN 8FT SQUARE ONE WOULD BE GOOD

jACKIE

I can sit in mine. I love sitting with my bunnies. Never found any commerially-made run that is bigger than 5ftx5ft. Maybe get a local carpenter to make one for you.

Mine is huge... It is made of chicken wire and broom stick handles:oops:

My dad made it for me... I can get in with them, run around with them, sit in it and do literally everything in it... It hasnt got a top because it is quite big.

It is fantastic

You could do something like buy 3 of the 5ft ones and connect them together. There is also a metal one on zooplus which is 4*7, you could connect two of those together which would make a huge run for around #100 (sorry can't find the pound sign on my new laptop!) I've got a zooplus one for foster use but I wouldn't leave buns in it unsupervised as it is a bit flimsy at the joins.

How about buying it as panels, then you'd just have to join them together. A panel is about £15-20 depending on size.

LARGE rabbit runs you can sit/stand and dance in

Try Forsham Arks (www.forshamarks.co.uk) search under their Biosecure units and you can have either of these. I got them to make up mine as a special adaptation between the two. Its FAB!! (actually I have three of them!).
If you don't want to spend that kind of money, take a long hard look and get someone to make you up the same . . . but the forsham ones really are good!!

twigs

I got this one from a local pet shop for about £100

DSC03514.jpg

DSC03513.jpg

I can sit in it with the lid on with no problem and I dont think it would be too hard to make one :D Im not actually sure if it would work out cheaper once your brought the wood and mesh though. Im going to have a go next month at making one, a few people on here have made runs and they look great :D

You could do something like buy 3 of the 5ft ones and connect them together. There is also a metal one on zooplus which is 4*7, you could connect two of those together which would make a huge run for around #100 (sorry can't find the pound sign on my new laptop!) I've got a zooplus one for foster use but I wouldn't leave buns in it unsupervised as it is a bit flimsy at the joins.

I have two of those and am going to secure them together when the weather improves to make one larger run! But as Alison says best keep an eye on them whilst in one, as they bars are also wide enough apart for a cat to get a paw through! & the doors need something extra to secure them shut - Barley managed to open it!

Hannah

Have you tried looking at bird avairies? These can be a bit more expensive but are tall enough to get right in with your buns and tend to be a bit bigger. There are often second hand ones on free ads although you'd have to check they were secure enough.

Thanks everyone,i am looking into a run on Bunnyhugger.co.uk and it gives instructions on how to make it and where to get all the bits at B&Q going to see if my dad or hubby may have time to make it :D

Jackie xx

Back