• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet carrier

ailz

Alpha Buck
I have a dwarf lop, who hates being touched, and a nethie who is okay to deal with. In the past - the lop was only a juvenile - I've used one of those cardboard carriers to take them to the vets. She is now too big for this, plus I'd like a front opening carrier that she can go into without being picked up. Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best one to buy.

I've discounted wicker as they'd just eat it, I'm not sure about wire ones as I think it might stress them out and plastic is slippy. I just don't know what to do - any advice gratefully received :D, thanks

i bought an atlas one its fairly large and fits both my buns in. it has an opening top to get them out and a frront opening. you can also take the top half off completly.

Any plastic cat or dog carrier with a metal mesh front opening door should do as they have plenty of air vents as well, it's worth putting in some vet bed so the plastic base isn't slippy, plus it's comfy and absorbs any accidents whilst keeping bunny dry.
You can find them at pets at home, wilkos, some animal charity shops, most pet shops. Though they can be expensive the bigger they get. I believe Pets at home are still offering a decent sized carrier for £12 called road runner or something.

We use a large one from Wilko with some bedding on the bottom - fits both our lops in no problem for a short visit to the vets and they are only £9.99. We've got quite a few of them here as use them to pick up boarders with too and being plastic they are easy to disinfect afterwards:)

Back