• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just got to tell you lot about this!

rspcarabbits

Warren Scout
W'eve always thought it would be a great idea if we could have a cctv camera in one of our runs so that we could monitor pairing up after we have shut the buns down for the night. We have lost count of the times we have contiunually monitored bunnies during the day only to come down to a pile of fluff in the morning or alternatively been frustrated by a bun who will not do anything including eat while you are watching!.

We also thought it would be quite expensive.

Well...... W,eve just bought a cctv kit from Aldi for just under £40 that includes the camera (which is only the size of a matchbox!) receiver , mains adaptors and everything. It transmits up to 100m in colour, with sound and even transmits infra red so you can see them in total darkness!!!! and whats more , comes with a 3 year guarantee!!!.

Connected it all up, plugged it into the tv and it worked brilliantly first time!, so w'eve now got bunny channel on one of our av imputs on the tv.

They are in Aldi now for the next few days if anybody else is interested.,Sorry about the ad but it has just blown us away and I'm sure it will other readers of this.

W'eve always thought it would be a great idea if we could have a cctv camera in one of our runs so that we could monitor pairing up after we have shut the buns down for the night. We have lost count of the times we have contiunually monitored bunnies during the day only to come down to a pile of fluff in the morning or alternatively been frustrated by a bun who will not do anything including eat while you are watching!.

Well...... W,eve just bought a cctv kit from Aldi for just under £40 that includes the camera (which is only the size of a matchbox!) receiver , mains adaptors and everything. It transmits up to 100m in colour, with sound and even transmits infra red so you can see them in total darkness!!!! and whats more , comes with a 3 year guarantee!!!.

Connected it all up, plugged it into the tv and it worked brilliantly first time!, so w'eve now got bunny channel on one of our av imputs on the tv.

They are in Aldi now for the next few days if anybody else is interested.,Sorry about the ad but it has just blown us away and I'm sure it will other readers of this.

Thats fantastic, we did the same with our dog the other day when we left her in her crate for the first time when we went out, it was great to see how she did while we were out.

Wheres mine? :D

Have you been reading my mind? :lol:
I was up at 5 this am & went down to the kitchen to make myself a drink. Through the window I could just make out Trooper sat in the run. Does he ever go in the shed except when there's food in there I wondered. Maybe I should get myself some night vision binoculars I thought:? This sounds even better. Wonder if they'll miss me if I slip out of work? :lol:

Mike

I saw these on the Aldi website and thought that at the price it was and what it offered it was "too good to be true", but perhaps not!

I've a few things from Aldi, some unbelievable cheap for what you get!

Hannah

Are the cameras wireless does anyone know please ? I dont have electric in the sheds :? Obviously I can have the transmitter plugged into the house electric but not the camera :D

Are the cameras wireless does anyone know please ? I dont have electric in the sheds :? Obviously I can have the transmitter plugged into the house electric but not the camera :D

Got one (waited until lunch :lol:) Had to ask at the till as there were none on display.
They are wireless, it comes with 2 power adaptors but the camera will run for up to 9 hrs with a 9v battery.

Mike

I saw these on the Aldi website and thought that at the price it was and what it offered it was "too good to be true", but perhaps not!

I've a few things from Aldi, some unbelievable cheap for what you get!

Hannah

Just been on the site, can't see it.... can you post a link of the camera? Cheers!

I dashed out to ALDI and managed to get the last one in the display case :D Ive set it up in the house and its brilliant :D Will put in the bunny shed tomorrow :lol: ;)

Where's mine?

jbun asks where's mine?

Let me tell you all, she's just got a brand new £150 set of scales duly converted with a 16 inch stainless scoop especially to weigh bunnies and all she could say was "I must admit I thought all I was going to get were the old ones w'ere using!!!!)........ thats nice!

We especially obtained some metal 8ftx 6ft galvanised panels before christmas so her rspca rabbit fostering bit can be fully enclosed with a gate(admittedly not yet installed)and all she could say was "I hope there not for my christmas present!"......mmmmm......I see!

and nowwwwwwwww she wants more!!!!!, its like a scene out of "Oliver" I ask the forum are all fosterer's like this? and do you think she deserves more or should we take a stronger line?

p.s. She got a pair of bunny egg cups for christmas as she keeps free range rescue chickens amongst other things.

pp.s We bought ours partially with her in mind and have tested the range, its doubtful whether it would work with her set up and distance from the house and walls ect so do we ....

a, Just d'ont tell her about it at all

b, Tell her how wonderful ours is and not offer to get her one

c, Tease her

d, Just say" NO! you've had too much already you'll get fat!"

But I had better just add we do love you Jo ,You do a great job and I know you had a pretty **** bunny day of it today, hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Tried mine out in the shed last night using battery power. Worked really well but it was a bit spooky watching their eyes shine white in the gloom with the night vision :shock:. Trooper must drive Lillie mad when he's in there - he didn't stay still for a moment.
Looking forward to trying it out in daylight.
Thanks rspcarabbits for the tip off :wave:

Mike

Its not big brother,its Bunny Brother!!

Its just like unnabridged big brother only its with normal contestants!

But I must say I think we,ve already identified a new( well for us) behavior pattern!."Devilish Mounting"

Its set up over the run of two 5kg french lops, carrot and peanut. Carrot the male clearly wanted to play with peanut who as most french lops do was having a nap. So he started to nibble her bum to no effect followed by a quick 69 mount with likewise no effect. This was followed by a normal mount which resulted in chase round the run before them stopping in adjacent trays for a rest with Carrot having I am sure a satisfied expression no his face at "Mission accomplished"

Anybody else seen something new?

Back