• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dog Crates are Great!

CRBevis

Mama Doe
Bought one of these on ebay for her crate! will have "Bunnie's Pad" on it! See thread I posted on Rabbit chat for details!
BunniePlaque.jpg

Anyone thinking of getting a dog crate, Bunnie say's she recommends it!

Here she is in hers and her new cat litter tray, they are better than corner ones, caught her lying on her back the other nite which she has never done before! She loves her new big pad! Only probs though she so happy she keeps binkying in it ! Have not built her her shack/second level yet but should be done by end of Feb! She seems alot happier bunniedog! And there was us worried she may get stressed and not go in new home, it took 4secs of inquisitive bun and then straight in! So 2 days later changed from corner tray to cat litter tray and she was in it before I could put it in the crate!:roll:

IMG_1955.jpg

IMG_1974.jpg

IMG_1968.jpg

IMG_1950.jpg

Last edited:
cool! glad your buns like it. we've just bought a similar one for our (not arrived yet) bunny. Was advised against it by a certain french lop breeder but it is so much bigger than any other indoor hutch we looked at, and we are putting vet bed in there instead of traditional bedding so he's not going to make so much mess that it falls out the sides. Would be great to see pics of your shelf when it goes up!

I have my frenchies in 48" dog crates while they are waiting to be neutered and they are great.
I cant imagine why anyone would tell you not to use them.
I would have though it impossible to find anything else with enough headroom.
When mine stand on their hind legs they nearly reach the top and they are only 19 weeks old.:D

Aaaaaw bless her she looks so happy - you're doing wel though that she hasn't eaten that willow hay rack, my 2 would have demolished that first then gone for the hay that was left:lol: Dog crates are great - we use one if we have a house bunny boarder:)

Dog crates are fantastic! You can't get a better cage for a big bun, they just have so much headroom.

I've got my 2 in a smaller crate now, but only because the door is never closed and they have the run of the house 24/7.:D

Aaaaaw bless her she looks so happy - you're doing wel though that she hasn't eaten that willow hay rack, my 2 would have demolished that first then gone for the hay that was left:lol: Dog crates are great - we use one if we have a house bunny boarder:)

Teah she only nibbled a tiny bit and that was where trying to pull it closer to her in her litter tray!

She good bun, other half was giving crate a proper clean and hoover like we do every saturday, and she usually hops around being a pest and sticking her nose in everything, but she all of a sudden was hopping around a bit frantic! he put litter tray down because had finished cleaning it and as soon as it touched the floor she ran over honking jumped in the tray and had a pee even with no megazorb in there, then she hopped out and went back to playing! She such a good girl holding it when could of just done it anywhere but nope she held it until tray was done! We clean her litter tray every night and always waits the 5-8 minutes if she needs a pee or poo!

Back