• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Reminder of why i moved out!

Kirsty&Lola

Mama Doe
I have been ill for about a week now and my mum came round and told me my dads worried im ill because Lola is a house rabbit!:shock:...its a chest infection:lol:...she then went on to say that its unhygenic to have a rabbit live in your kitchen (because she occasionally misses her litter tray) Dad seems to think because she has a thick coat there's no reason why she can't go outside:roll: they are both scared of her (she's a conti giant).......its just reminded me why i left and how nice it is to live with my OH:lol:

What a shame they can't appreciate Lola's bunny qualities - they don't know what they're missing!
When we lived at home we weren't allowed any animals in the house as dad considered everything "unclean", so we couldn't have a longed for dog:cry:
The first thing I did when I got my house was to adopt a dog. Two weeks later my dad did the same, and now when we go to visit you can't get on the sofa for their dog.
We weren't even allowed to put our feet on the sofa, but the dog shares my dads bed:lol:

:lol:........i just dont think my mum n dad are very pet people. they are never here long enuf to appreciate how much of a personality she has...she nibbled my mums trousers and she shouted "she's just bit me":roll: i told her she would know about it if she had...as for unhygenic...i said shes as clean as i am...as in if i cleaned up more the house wud be tidier but it doesnt bother me:) she's a big bunny and i think she derserves to have a house to roam:)

bet shes glad she dont live with your parents too :shock:

my dad wasnt very pet minded.... makin up for my lack of childhood pets now and loving every second :)

Unhygienic makes me giggle. I think my rabbit is probably even cleaner than I am, because he seems to try so hard to make my hands clean, the entire time he's out of his hutch, whenever he sees my hand he just has to attack it with licks.

:lol: lola does the same...always licking me and my clothes (maybe she's tryin to tell me something:?)....she can sense the fear in my mum and runs at her to scare her i think:) i wont be asking them to bunny sit for me...i had to ask them to do it for one evening and i just worried constantly...my OH's grandma will be doing it in future...she :love: lola and is a kool granny! (she has a yaris t-sport with tinted windows:lol:)

Sometimes parents can be weird. I used to have a pair of canaries when I was younger. They lived in the kitchen for ages then moved to my bedroom since they flicked seeds out. After a while I (probably coincidentaly) got mild asthma. So of course my parents blamed the birds and whilst I was at school one day gave them to my sister (she lived on her own). :roll:

You only have one set of parents and not everyone loves the same things we do. Some parents cannot stand the partner their children end up with, so I think you got off light:D House rabbits are not understood in this country, so just let your parents waffle, smile, love them, and savour the things you have in common - you won't have them for forever. I would love mine to still be here.

Last edited:
Back