• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This is very hard for me to ask but... UPDATE. Listed on RR Pg1

buddabun

Warren Veteran
Here are their sites:
Charlie and Jack:
http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=11212

Bri:

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=11227

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
we've just got our date for our 'overseas' posting... may 6th.

i can't take my bunnies with me. I'm going to be absolutely heartbroken and can't bear thinking about it at the moment but I want to make sure they go to the most loving home ever. obviously.

what should I do? should I go through a rescue, should I ask a friend? should I ask someone on RU?

I've been delaying thinking about this for the obvious reasons that it's going to break my heart to give my little bunnies away after years together (I'm tearing up as I type) but I want to know what the best route. is.

Any suggestions (please don't judge me. I don't want to do this but it's kinder than 12hrs on a plane and a rainforest climate for 3 years)

Last edited:
I would ask a very experienced Rabbit Owner... At least you know they will have the best possible home they could have!!

I am so sorry:cry::cry::cry:

I think the sooner you put them on the rabbitrehome pages, the more chance you'll have of finding a home you're happy for them to go to - plus you can ask admin if you can put them on the rabbits in need here I'm sure - there's been plenty other members rehomed for personal reasons on that thread - I hope you find somewhere nice for them :)

I'm so sorry to hear this but I do think you are probably doing the right thing trying to rehome them in this country.

I would see if any of your friends (preferably ones with decent rabbit experience) can take them in. If not, I would ask a reputable rescue if they could point you in the right direction.

How many Buns do you have ?

If you like I could ask ARC if they can help and I would also ask Donna if I could be involved with their rehoming

Janex

none of my friends really know about bunnies. noone i would feel comfortabel giving them to. i reckon it'd have to be either someone off here or a rescue... i didn't know i could go through rabbitrehome. I will contact them. thanks

charlie now think#s i'm very odd as we had a little cry together (well I did, he jsut ate my collar :lol:)

I have 3 - all neutered. jack has ongoing dental issues though after breaking her teeth so needs burring every month or so but otehr than that they are all in perfect health and friendly etc etc (god i can't believe i'm advertising my bunnies! how awful.. :()

I think the sooner you put them on the rabbitrehome pages, the more chance you'll have of finding a home you're happy for them to go to

I think that's good advice - heartbreaking as it may seem, I think you'd be better starting to sort this out now. At least that way, you can spend time waiting for the right home rather than feeling you have to compromise because you are running out of time.

It's a horrible decision for you but sometimes circumstances change and it can't be helped :cry: Big hugs to you xxx

I have 3 - all neutered. jack has ongoing dental issues though after breaking her teeth so needs burring every month or so but otehr than that they are all in perfect health and friendly etc etc (god i can't believe i'm advertising my bunnies! how awful.. :()

How old are they and are they bonded?

What part of the country are you?

Im so sorry you have to rehome your buns hun, but you are just doing whats best for them. Im sure they will find a brilliant home.
Sallyx

well all the exotics belong to work so they'll go back. rats, gerbils and piggies will be rehomed by me... but ti's the bunnies i'm most worried over, obviously as i am most attached to them. i was thinking of giving Olly to a nursing home as there is one downt eh road i';ve been to who would love a cat. he would love sleeping indoors all day

How old are they and are they bonded?

What part of the country are you?

Charlie is 2 1/2, jack is 2, bri is 6 months. charlie and jack are bonded. bri happily gets on with them but i think as long as he had enough attention would be OK on his own. would obviously ratehr rehome them together btu i know 3 buns is a lot

charlie and jack wouldnt do well seperated

I am in south wales but am willing to travel ANYWHERE for them (and i mean it!)

Charlie is 2 1/2, jack is 2, bri is 6 months. charlie and jack are bonded. bri happily gets on with them but i think as long as he had enough attention would be OK on his own. would obviously ratehr rehome them together btu i know 3 buns is a lot

charlie and jack wouldnt do well seperated

I am in south wales but am willing to travel ANYWHERE for them (and i mean it!)

So all three are bonded? Are they outside bunnies?

i have emailed rabbit rehome to ask what they can do adn if i'm allowed to advertise on their site.

i sort of don't know where to start with this :?

You can just create an account on rabbit rehome and upload them yourself - go to the add/edit link on the left, then sign up with a username and password.

Back