• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should i attempt bonding?

Should i bond them?

• Yes, go for it... give it one more try!

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Yes but as soon as you see anything like fighting give up...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • No, no dont do it... keep them as they are!

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

oscarbunny

Warren Veteran
For my wedding present, i was bought a rather large 6x8 shed with windows :D, which hubby thought would be great for storing 'man things' like lawnmowers and what not... at which point i pointed out that we currently dont have any grass or a lawnmower. I have been going on and on at him now about having it as a bunnyshed. And he finally agreed, yay!

Anyway here is my dilemma so to speak. More than anything else, i would love for all four bunnies to live in there together. However i am very apprehensive about attempting to bond them. Initially i tried to bond Oscar and The Benjamin (over a year ago), and they would not tolerate each other and would fight. Hence the reason why they are now living together with girlies. However, Oscar has since calmed down, and neither boys are the dominant ones in their pairs. Should i attempt to bond, or am i wasting my time because they have already fought in the past and they will remember......???

If you think it is a good idea, please could i have some advice about how to go about attempting this... if not then also give your reasons.

I voted no as rabbits do so love having enemies to argue with. It adds spice to the morning routine if you can charge outside and patrol the boundary with your tail in the air pretending to fight through the wire(or so I observe, I lack the time(and the tail) to do it myself;))

I'm not sure as I guess each bonding is different. I have a group of 5 and it is lovely to have them all living together and interacting and makes cleaning and feeding and spending time with them easier. However I imagine some rabbits wouldn't take to being in a group.

I don't think my two house rabbits would appreciate me trying to bond them with another as they are very into each other.

I don't think you'll know for sure without trying it I'm afraid. We've just bonded a foursome of a buck and three girlies. Thought Sienna and Hoops would give us lots of trouble, but they're the most loved up pair now! The whole hierarchy has to be re-established, so anything could happen!

I don't think you'll know for sure without trying it I'm afraid. We've just bonded a foursome of a buck and three girlies. Thought Sienna and Hoops would give us lots of trouble, but they're the most loved up pair now! The whole hierarchy has to be re-established, so anything could happen!

Does sound promising... :D I am willing to give it a go. I fear that if i dont... it will niggle away at me... I would love for them to be together more than anything, but if not i can accept that too.

Give it a go then! Suggest you get lots of pairs of hands to help you initally though - just in case it's all hell let loose and you have to get them out quick!! Neutral territory and food were the key to our bonding! Alternatively, is there a local rescue that might help you out for a donation??

Give it a go then! Suggest you get lots of pairs of hands to help you initally though - just in case it's all hell let loose and you have to get them out quick!! Neutral territory and food were the key to our bonding! Alternatively, is there a local rescue that might help you out for a donation??

None that are rabbit savvy as far as i know. I had oven mits when i was bonding oscar and benji, neither of them were injured from fighting. A little fur loss, thats it. I always intervened when they got nasty with one another. Hence why i am covered in scratches!

I voted yes. I don't see why you shouldn't at least give it a go.

You've got the shed as neutral territory.

And I think you don't need any more advice as I saw Jills poetry thread :lol:

Back