• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spillers Readigrass?

Yes mine love it!!! its very similar to excel hay apart from thicker longer strands.

:shock: Do you mean similar to Excel Superforage or herbal? If so readigrass is much shorter, finer and more grass like. I can feed the excels ad lib but have to mix the readigrass with timothy or meadow hay becuase it causes upset tums otherwise.....having said that, the buns do love it.

excel super forage maybe your batch comes from a different location mine has strands that are about 10cm long and nice and thick!
mine are only fed on ready grass and dengie grass and we have Never had probs with bad bellies due to it!

Also Gem ready grass is a crop so it has limited avaliability!
Dengie grass is avaliable all year and is alot cheaper as well but doesnt get the buns going beserk over it though:lol::lol:

Readigrass is higher in protein so can cause excess caecotrophs and upset sensitive tums, as well as not being good for buns on a diet, I'd feed it as a treat but not too often. It's also high in calcium so not a good idea for buns with kidney problems/problems with sludgy urine.

I just need to find another supplier, at least one who will sell in large quantities :)

Just wondered if the Spillers stuff was suitable for buns....Thanks guys! :thumb:

Sorry, my post sounded really negative :lol: I've just had buns get dodgy tums on it and had to avoid it when Mary had suspected kidney failure, but before that I fed it often and had no problems with most the rabbits

I have two GPs that I've been told will like it too, as well as degus. So I'm sure it won't go to waste. If there is too much I can always offer some to the rescue near me.

A few of my Buns ( 6 to be precise) got bloat after feeding Readigrass. All the others were fine though :?
It is a very concentrated feed so I would only feed a tiny amount to start with

Jnex

I have two GPs that I've been told will like it too, as well as degus. So I'm sure it won't go to waste. If there is too much I can always offer some to the rescue near me.

Rats will eat it aswell:lol::lol: and gerbils, chins ect.......
if not theres always horses:lol::lol::lol:

Rats? yes, gerbils? a bit thin on the ground round here, same with chins but horses, sheep and cows? I'm surrounded! I'll be sneaking off with a carrier bag full to tempt the local animals! :lol:

Rats? yes, gerbils? a bit thin on the ground round here, same with chins but horses, sheep and cows? I'm surrounded! I'll be sneaking off with a carrier bag full to tempt the local animals! :lol:

might as well rescue one keep it in the house no one will notice!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I give it to my bunnies mixed in with meagre portion of pellets :oops: I havent had dodgey tums with it :D

I give it to my bunnies mixed in with meagre portion of pellets I havent had dodgey tums with it

I do that too or sometimes mix it in with the hay. Mine have a handful every other night or so. I don't have any problems with them eating it or dodgy bums.
I tried them on Graze-On (MegaZorb's version) and they hated it :roll:

I do that too or sometimes mix it in with the hay. Mine have a handful every other night or so. I don't have any problems with them eating it or dodgy bums.
I tried them on Graze-On (MegaZorb's version) and they hated it :roll:

Thats the one I was looking for but couldn't find it online :?

Back