• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how long for homones to die down?

Crystal butterfly

Warren Veteran
getting binky neutered in the next couple of weeks and im going to attempt a trio my question is how long until homones are fully gone? Misty was still trying to mate with Crystal after 4 weeks which did pee her off so this time i want to wait until all homones have gone before bonding so he doesnt get a bitten bum from crystal :shock:

xxx

our vet said 8 weeks but are u sure he was trying to mate rather than just asserting dominance. Zola still humps Wispa but she humps him back! both are spayed/neutered so arent interested in each other for sexual reasons

im sure he was trying to mate when i picked him up he was well an 'excited' man :oops: when i bonded Misty and crystal the second time there was no humping just love :love:

when zola cleans himself hes an excited little boy, i think its just the stimulation i heard hormones can sometimes take ages!!

maybe it varies from rabbit to rabbit :? i think it took about 3 months for Crystal to calm down after her spey she really was the rabbit from hell :shock: think il leave it 6 weeks with Binky then try bonding hope it all works out or Binky will be destined to be a single house bun for the next year or so.

Back