PDA

View Full Version : how long for homones to die down?

Crystal butterfly
28-01-2008, 12:23 PM
getting binky neutered in the next couple of weeks and im going to attempt a trio my question is how long until homones are fully gone? Misty was still trying to mate with Crystal after 4 weeks which did pee her off so this time i want to wait until all homones have gone before bonding so he doesnt get a bitten bum from crystal :shock:

xxx

SOAD
28-01-2008, 12:24 PM
I think about six weeks.

Wispa & Zola
28-01-2008, 12:41 PM
our vet said 8 weeks but are u sure he was trying to mate rather than just asserting dominance. Zola still humps Wispa but she humps him back! both are spayed/neutered so arent interested in each other for sexual reasons

Crystal butterfly
28-01-2008, 12:56 PM
im sure he was trying to mate when i picked him up he was well an 'excited' man :oops: when i bonded Misty and crystal the second time there was no humping just love :love:

Wispa & Zola
28-01-2008, 12:58 PM
when zola cleans himself hes an excited little boy, i think its just the stimulation i heard hormones can sometimes take ages!!

Crystal butterfly
28-01-2008, 01:03 PM
maybe it varies from rabbit to rabbit :? i think it took about 3 months for Crystal to calm down after her spey she really was the rabbit from hell :shock: think il leave it 6 weeks with Binky then try bonding hope it all works out or Binky will be destined to be a single house bun for the next year or so.