• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

By Jove I Have Done It!!

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I have managed to get all 42 Bunsters on to A+P Pellets !!
Even Bobbie the 'you cant expect a Bun of my importance to eat anything but SS Pellets' has conceded defeat!!

:lol:

Janex :wave:

It it cheaper?

I'm trying to get the piggies off SS but they are not having any of it!

I was paying £14 for a 10kg sack of SS
I am paying £6 for a 20kg sack of A+P and its delivered free.

A sack of SS was lasting me a week. A sack of A+P lasts almost 3 weeks

So 'yes' its much cheaper!! :D

Janex

Janex

From a nutrional point is A+P as good ? I'm just asking as Lucius was being fed this when I got him and it didn't look very appetizing. I don't know whats in it as didn't see the original sack with ingredient breakdown. As soon as I started introducing my brand of pellets he refused to eat the A+P pellets.

Taz

Allen and Page Natural Pellets have the following levels per 20kg sack

Oil 3.25%
Vit A 8000 IU/KG
Protein 12.00%
Vit D3 1000 IU/KG
Fibre 23%
Vit E 60 IU/KG
Ash 11%
Moisture 13.80%

I think this is the correct type of pellet

Mine are on A&P but they don't gobble it down like they did SS, plus it goes off in about 3 months so 20kg is too much for me. Think I'll see if anyone wants to share a bag with me next time I go.

Helen x

I'll bring you some round then Sooz. Sean threw the bag out :roll: so I'm guessing it goes off about the middle of Feb and we've still got LOADS left!

well done im struggling to get snowy and dora off their mix which is a wilco one and 10% fibre so not the worst i know but trying ot get them onto excel and they are just not eating it.... any help apprichiated.

well done im struggling to get snowy and dora off their mix which is a wilco one and 10% fibre so not the worst i know but trying ot get them onto excel and they are just not eating it.... any help apprichiated.

Have you tried only feeding hay for a few days and giving the pellets as treats to give them a taste for them? A healthy rabbit can survive on a hay/veg diet (you can give a vitamin supplement in the water if you're really concerned they're not getting everything) and after a few days they should be hungry enough to eat the pellets

Have you tried only feeding hay for a few days and giving the pellets as treats to give them a taste for them? A healthy rabbit can survive on a hay/veg diet (you can give a vitamin supplement in the water if you're really concerned they're not getting everything) and after a few days they should be hungry enough to eat the pellets

Thats good advice. I did that with my more stubborn Bunsters. Once all the others got excited over A+P and there was nothing else they all decided they may aswell eat it.

Janex :)

Mine must all be greedy bunsters. We didn't really have any trouble changing them to A&p. :lol:

Janex

Whoa! :shock: That IS a big difference :shock::)

Well done. I'm hoping Bella and Tarquin will take to it. I'm hoping to get some next week. I know I won't use anywhere near a full bag before the Best Best Date but Sooz is very kindly going to take some off my hands (I hope :D).

Back