• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

they're bonded! yay!

Holly will hopefully be going to her new home in a few weeks time, but her new husbun will be neutered soon and then obviously there is the 6 week wait.

I'm not sure about rehoming Asbeau and Magic, I love them dso much and i don't want to see them go :(

There only is a 6 week wait if Holly isn't spayed;) If shes not spayed, may I suggest shes done before going to her new home?:)

yeah, I was thinking of getting her done before re-homing, I know her owner wouldn't do this but IF she happened to be sent soemwhere else she may be sued for breeding or something :shock:

how long would i have to wait if she was speyed?

At her age having a litter now could be diastrous, and with the number of unspayed does who get uterine cancer, I really think its vital shes done. Two people on here foudn out their past buns had been used for breeding and were being sold on!:shock: Don't want to be a third! ;)

You'd only have to wait 2-3 weeks for her to heal up.;) Although if the new owner wouldn't spay her, you are sure they'd take her to the vets if she were ill?

Ah, I misread:oops: I think its important for all does to be spayed and really it would be better for her to be done before bonding as they'd have to be spilt up again anyway as the male can't be put back in with a newly spayed doe as it can effect her wound.;)

I'm glad they are together! :-D I think if you feel you can still care for them and still love them then you should keep them.

aww thats happy for them.

if you love asbeau and magic, why not keep them? now you have fewer bunnies it will be a lot easier, especially as they are bonded so will need less human companionship. would be less stressful for them to stay where they are with an owner who cares for them.

obviously i wouldnt recommend keeping them if you are unwilling or unable to care for them but it doesnt sound like thats the case. good luck with whatever you decide

thanks everyone!
I do have the money and now some of my piggies are off to their new home i'll have more time for them :)

Ah, I misread:oops: I think its important for all does to be spayed and really it would be better for her to be done before bonding as they'd have to be spilt up again anyway as the male can't be put back in with a newly spayed doe as it can effect her wound.;)

Many rescues who have bonded rabbits do not separate them if the female is being neutered, there is no research to show that this is necessary. From our own research with hundreds of rabbits we have found that keeping rabbits with their partners if they are to visit the vets for any treatment or operation results in a quicker less stressful recovery. Likewise with humans if they are separated for days on end from their nearest and dearest when they are ill they become stressed, depressed and recover far slower.

I do totally agree that all female rabbits benefit from being neutered to prevent hormonal issues and also uterine infection and neoplasms.

Many rescues who have bonded rabbits do not separate them if the female is being neutered, there is no research to show that this is necessary. From our own research with hundreds of rabbits we have found that keeping rabbits with their partners if they are to visit the vets for any treatment or operation results in a quicker less stressful recovery. Likewise with humans if they are separated for days on end from their nearest and dearest when they are ill they become stressed, depressed and recover far slower.

I do totally agree that all female rabbits benefit from being neutered to prevent hormonal issues and also uterine infection and neoplasms.

I suppose this depends though on the nature of the male partner. Like say if Bambi was not neutered I would no way leave her with Donkey as he is far too boistrous however I would probably leave Bobby with her as he is such a gentle boy :rolleyes:

Back