• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Registering at multiple vets?

~bailey~

Mama Doe
Is anyone registered at more than one vets? I am very happy with my current vets, but its about 15-20 mins drive from me. Luuna isn't so bad with it, but last time I had Bailey in the car for that time he went all limp and I thought he had died :( It really stresses him out. I have found a much nearer vets to me where I can go for vaccinations etc. Do they have to have their records if I register them there? And do I need to tell them that I am registered elsewhere too? Not sure how to go about this :?

it's your money so you can do what you like. I nearly took my bunny to another vet when i wanted a second opinion but he was dying and i knew in my heart my vets were right and and done everything they could. if you try it and are happy you save stressing bunny out on a car journey, if you dont like them you can go back to your original. if he has a medical history i am sure you can get his records.

I've used more than one vets - generally just if my vets have had no appointments (usually they squeeze me in unless they're really busy though) and it's just the odd one-off so I don't have records sent over. I don't lie about it though and I'll tell my regular vets if the animal's had any treatment that might effect future treatments.
You could always explain to your current vet that you appreciate their service but have found Bailey doesn't do well with the travelling and you were going to try out a nearer vet - they can fax over any records to your new vets but you're still able to go there if the new vets aren't as rabbit-savvy

I'm more than happy with my vets, apart from the cost!! Have started taking ours to the Pet Vaccine Clinic for their vaccinations as it's MUCH cheaper. Having said that, my original vets are there for emergencies and all other problems. When they need to know, I'll be upfront about it. With four bunnies to vaccinate it makes a difference!

As someone said - it's your money and you can go to whichever/however many vets you like!

Back