• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how did you come up with a name for your buns?

Wispa & Zola

Mama Doe
dont know if its been done before but i thought it would be fun.

how did u decide a suitable name for your buns?

Wispa was named after the chocolate bar because i was OBSESSED with it, darren used to drive me for miles to get my fix :lol:

Zola was named after a Chelsea football legend after i told Darren that he could name the boy bun.

peanut butter and jelly already had their names planned.me and ym ex stayed up all nite and then he said 'well what about peanut butter and jelly' so i said 'okay as long as peanut butter is brown!!' got jelly, and then hunted the pet shops (i know:oops::oops:but i didnt know any better!) until we found 'the bun' being bullied by his siblings and he was sequling cus they were nipping him, was my little peanut butter! he was perfect and my heart melted as soon as i saw him!

Domino was named so because as baby hes markings were just little dots, like pinpricks, so we called him domino.

Pebbles was called Melissa @ the rspca and i hated it, so i decided to call her something 'marking' related as she was dominos wife, was torn between 'Pebbles' and 'Pepper' but ex O/H decided on pebbles.

Molly was named by Chris (my oh) he was my house mate and good friend at the time and was scared of rabbits, so when I was getting Molly I said he could name him/her. He named him after a horse we met on holiday.

I named Faline after bambi's girlfriend, because she is fawn coloured. It also means 'in charge' which fits very well.

Puck is because she is imp like. Bilbo just seemed to fit. Crocus because he is white, like snow and Crocus is a snow flower. Rocky because his Dad is Bilbo. Rocky Balboa... (they sound alike). Mina, well Chris just thought it was pretty and was better than her previous name of Mrs. Whiskers.

Well with Nuggette, we decided ages ago that with our last rabbit Skid (Skidmark von Brigden, fiance chose the name) when we got him a girlfriend she'd be called Nugget. Unfortunately he never made it to have a girlfriend. But it gave us the name for our next bunny.

Otis was because I was trying to think of a suitable name for a boy bunny, and it so happened I walked past an OTIS escalator so the idea stuck.

My other bunnies at my mum's were named because of their coat colours and markings. Chocolate, bubbles, cookie, maple, lavender, apricot, malteser, amber, milkshake.

Before that we had Ash (rescue rex bunny) because he was an ash colour and looked like he had singed whiskers! Smudge had a smudge of grey on her nose.
Flopsy, mopsy, cotton tail, peter, hansel, grettle, scuttle. No prizes for guessing where those names came from.
Tiny tim as he was a very small dutch. Bobbin, he was brain damaged and blind he used to bob his head and run in ever increasing circles to establish what was in his space.
I'm struggling to remember all the other bunnies names.

My beautiful Steve (RIP) was called Steve as it really did suit him!!! Wanted him to have a non-standard bunny name as he was a real character.

Douglas and Desmond are named as so, because on the way back from the rescue, we saw a van with Douglas written on the side and thought it was a good name!! Desmond came about as begins with D the same as Douglas (some of you may have also heard of Desmond Douglas, a championship table tennis player but this is only coincidence!!!) They were originally called Frosty and Frasier from rescue but didn't want to keep these names

Hoops because she is a harlequin with almost perfect black hoops around her - she was named by my husband before she even left the pet shop!

Ant was named by Honeybunny Jill - he was one of the "insect 10" cos they arrived at the rescue in small cages surrounded by insects. He has brothers and sisters Midge, Butterfly, Spider and Cricket (to name a few!).

My husband named Trix when Julia123 was looking for names for her foster bunny babies. Trix was born on Halloween, so it seemed appropriate! And because he named her he said she had to come to live here!

Sienna was also named by Honeybunny Jill - she was one of the "Hollywood Crowd" and so named after actress Sienna Miller. Name suits her colour though.

Previous buns - Dizzy was named as we had not long come back from our honeymoon in Disneyland. And Molly was already Molly when we adopted her.

Zakura and Sasuke were both named from the cartoon Naruto.
Zakura's also been named "The Killer Rabbit" due to her aggressive tendencies, from Monthy Python.
In that order, I decided that Sasuke needed a MP-name too (Originally I thought of simply Uchiha Sasuke, from Naruto) but since he was black, I decided on Sasuke the Legendary Black Beast (of AAAAAAAAAAARGH!:lol:)

Aroma was named by her breeder. They were known as the Romance litter, so they were all Vestkystens Romance told by A... All their "main" names starte with A.

Lilly is called so cus i like the name.. its pretty

Marsha is just a random name off a film... i wanted to call her Maud but nick wouldn't let me x

alvin cus i couldnt think of a good alcohol name to match the chipmunks so he became alvin and the chipmunks, then they went an made the film just to remind me alvin wasnt actually a rabbit but a chipmunk grrrrrr

pearl came named and theres no jewel out there she reminds me of more - perfect name for a perfect gal...

Joey was the first bun I got when i came back from Australia and as bunnies remind me of baby kangaroos i decided to call him Joey.

As Skye has really blue eyes I tried to think of a name with something to do with blue.. Thought of sky but preferred Skye like the island.

And Leo had his name when I got him. He's a lionhead.

Norman was named by the pet shop who named him after Norman Bates because they said he was horrible,which he is not,he just doesnt like to be picked up and Beatrix is named after Beatrix Potter

Jackie x

Asbeau pretty much explains it all :lol:
Magic cause she looks like a magician's rabbit
Holly cause she looks like my first rabbit, Hazel, who was originally named Holly :D

Hm. Barney was called 'Bullseye' by the rescue.. but I hated that, and my mum suggested Barney.. which is very fitting, somehow! Amber was called Amber by the RSPCA rescue place, and we kept it 'cos it suited her, too. ^^ Hazel was named by Rick, who helped removing her from a place where she was to be sold for breeding... and the name stuck, and suits her wonderfully. Aaaand my baby Bella.. well, both my mum and I thought of the name as a possibility, separately, when driving her home and we were so surprised we thought of the same name, so she took that name.

Ok my little man was called Duchess as 'she' was so pretty when i got her (pet shop bun). However she turned out to be a he and i couldnt think of a name so everyday my dad would say 'good morning Bert'.

So Bert just stuck!

well if i start at the beginning my first rabbit i got was originally amy. (apparently after a woman who ran round in circles all day as did amy at this point) amy was dumped on her doorstep so the kind lady took her in but er well she ended up with amy living under the shed and popping out for food so when we got her we renamed her lucky....lucky a fox hadn't had her and lucky she had us.sadly now deceased

my second bunny was already named starsky and we kept that name as when we picked her up she litrally was the size of the hutch poor thing but she came to her name so we didnt change it. sadly now deceased

then along came greg and sooty who came from a rescue...well as they were both girls and not a m/f pair!!!! they were renamed after my two favourite desserts chocolate cake and chelsea bun! which ended up being choccy and chels mainly.

now i have the preloved buns who are dora the explora and snowy not changing there names yet....but we will c...(oh nicknames snowy flat nose but he says it in such an endearing way she licks him!silly rabbit!)

Kate Bush's son is called Bertie.......needless to say, i'm a fan :oops::D

:wave:I'm a massive fan of Kate Bush to :D

I have Frith, Pipkin and Zen (short for Hyzenthlay) which are all from my fav book Watership Down and Ginger who arrived yesterday will stay as Ginger because she is ginger and Tree really loves her so i don't want to change it!

I let my son name my first bun - he called him Flopsy - he is a lionhead and doesn't even have floppy ears but I had told him he could name him:shock:

Jem - my rescue bunny - was already named by bunnymadhouse. Jem came into the rescue with a really small baby son who was called Midget hence Midget Jem. I think her name suits her.

alvin cus i couldnt think of a good alcohol name to match the chipmunks so he became alvin and the chipmunks, then they went an made the film just to remind me alvin wasnt actually a rabbit but a chipmunk grrrrrr

pearl came named and theres no jewel out there she reminds me of more - perfect name for a perfect gal...

lol i neva made that connection of alvins name to the chipmunks!!v cleva!

Back