• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Getting bales of hay home

sillyrabbit

Wise Old Thumper
How on earth do you get it home without making a huge mess in the car :shock: It just about squeezed into my car and its impossible to get a bale in and keep a sheet underneath it just moves when I put the hay in :lol: I cant even hoover it there is so much Im going to have to get it all out by hand :shock:

Im pleased though I got a bale for only £9 and it smells lovely and is nice and green :D

I got Two X LARGE Black Bin Liners and put one on each side of the bale, thus covering the bale in whole, i then have the mission of pushing and squeezing and rammping it in my boat. Not that is a sight! lol.

m
xx

Thats a really good idea :D Thanks :lol:

Its still in my car :shock: I dont know how I am going to get it out and into my garden :lol: x

:lol: I dont mind a bit of hay in my car, but this is so much that its sticking to me when I get in and out :lol:

Im always finding bunny poo in my handbag or shoes :oops: :lol:

I have found either a dog seat cover (I put the bale across the back seats) or a poundland garden bench cover does the trick!

I tried putting a sheet down but I had to really squeeze the bale into my car as its small so it just moved as I put the hay in :lol:

It kind of takes up the back seats and right up to the front seats :D

I think the bin bags will be easier than trying to keep a sheet or cover on the seats as I get the hay in x

I've got an old blankety thing - doesn't completely cover everything, but gets the worst of the hay anyway!

i was going to suggest old duvet cover too :lol: that is how i stored my bale fitted perfectly inside and kept most of the hay in :lol:

I've given up trying to stop hay going everywhere in the car and the back seats are now permanently down and two bales fit in nicely. Plus, if I run out there's always an emergency supply of left overs in the car!! :lol:

i put mine in the back of my nans car,get my hay home n say bye bye!:lol::lol::lol:(yes i clean it out for them):lol:

I've given up trying to stop hay going everywhere in the car and the back seats are now permanently down and two bales fit in nicely. Plus, if I run out there's always an emergency supply of left overs in the car!! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Thats a good way to look at it :lol:

If you've got a hatch back...just put the back seats down and but the bale in via the boot. That way there are no traces of hay when you put the seats and parcel shelf back in the normal positon, and you never have to clean up :D

Back