• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cerys not eating

Jayney

Mama Doe
Cerys would not eat her breakfast this morning and was all hunched up in the corner:cry:she wouldnt eat any of her fave stuff either

her tummy didnt seem hard so i gave her some infacol and chased her around the garden for an hour. she seems to have picked up a bit now and has eaten a few small slices of carrot, 5/6 dried raspberry leaves and a handful of dried herbs. i also tricked them into thinking it was veggie time and she sat in the hutch and ate a handful of rocket and watercress and she has now had a munch on some hay.

hope my little girlie is ok

sounds like she'll be OK - if you can get her to have a big drink of water too that will help (try it warmed with kettle water in a dish) or wet the veg :)

yes they seem a bit smaller and ther are fewer of them but she is still pooing

Keep a close eye on them, thats a typical presentation for the lead up to GI stasis which comes on over 2-3 days. That said its also the recovery stage, so lets hope shes come out the otherside already.

thanks guys ive just put in another pile of hay and she is eating that so fingers crossed she will be ok.

good idea about soaking the veg i will do that

just put them in the hutch with their veg and they are both wolfing it down. i gave her a little bit more infacol about half an hour ago just to be on the safe side.

she seemed lively, happy and was binkying in the garden so i am praying that it was just a little bit of gas and has passed

Back