• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hubby plays with the buns

madysmummy

Mama Doe
DSC00159.jpg

I'm curious about your Moses as he seems to be very similar to our Pineapple in colouring. Is this some recognised but obscure colour or merely a Heinz 57 job?

Awwwww! There's something about grown men and fluffy wabbits isn't there?! I always melt when my BF plays with Bobbin! :oops: :lol:

Anybunny - I think Moses has sooty-fawn colouring... I could be wrong! :rolleyes:

EDIT: Opps, Moses is the lighter one isn't he? :oops: In that case, he looks like a seal-point. Again, I could be very wrong!! :lol:

Last edited:
Very sweet pics!!!!!:D

My husband is kinda scared of my rabbits......especially the giants.:roll: He always thinks they are going to savage him or something!!!:roll::lol:

don't understand what you mean :?

Sorry, I was asking whether the particular colour of your rabbit had a name, such as "sable" or whether it was simply the result of an ancestry from various colour rabbits.

Thea may have the answer but maybe I should post a photo and see what people think.

Sorry, I was asking whether the particular colour of your rabbit had a name, such as "sable" or whether it was simply the result of an ancestry from various colour rabbits.

Thea may have the answer but maybe I should post a photo and see what people think.

was told he was a seal point , but he has a white band round his neck (ish) and a white point on his head so think he might have a bit of dutch in him. plus he's very small so might have a bit of a mini breed in there somewhere. but then someone put up a picture of a rabbit breed..... sala-something i think, and that rabbit looked very like moses colouring as well so i think he's a mixture. when he was a baby he was sooooo fluffy not he's lost that which is a shame, i love the fluffy lionheads.
mady is a sooty otter i think, she has a white belly and whit bits under her nose.

EDIT: Opps, Moses is the lighter one isn't he? :oops: In that case, he looks like a seal-point. Again, I could be very wrong!! :lol:

No, I'm sure you're right. We went to the Bradford show at Harrogate today and saw a rabbit with virtually identical, though obviously more refined, markings and colour. I asked a chap standing nearby what the colour was called and he and another chap said it was seal-point. Pineapple, however, is more chinchilla than the fawn of the rabbit we saw.

My partner refers to her as a "cappucino bunny" as she looks as though someone has sprinked chocolate powder over her back.

Back