• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

has anyone seen pets at homes latest offer

elaine

Mama Doe
I absolutley and utterly give up, they are supposed to be a caring pet shop and now the latest offer is get 2 baby rabbits for £35 for easter, what happens when they get older and need neutering?? bet that doesn't happen so yep lots more waiting to arrive in rescue, I agree some managers are great but it is the head office that needs sorting out and fetching into the real world,

I can see me having yet another complaint to head office.

Anyone that phones me and has got the rabbits from there is going to be refered back to them and let them deal with the unwanted ones in 6-9 months as I bet this is gonna happen

Why do we bother

ELaine

i HATE pets at home policy with rabbits, I would never buy or recommend anyone to get one from there, They told me to take dillion back for a refund after he died, I told them i had already buried him and they turned around and said that's fine you can still bring him back:evil::censored::censored:. But i agree they should sort there own mess out not leave it to the rescue's

Not sure if it's 'for easter', being January... I don't know how long they are going to have this for. If it does go on until March/April then fair enough, but I haven't heard anything to indicate that is what it's for.

We had an email sent round about this - The instructions have been sent round ALL stores saying that a pair must be sold with a minimum size of a lavendar lodge, customers must be told that they need to be neutered, and if they buy a male and female then they must keep them apart until neutered.

All stores have been told to tell this to customers, so if you find any member of staff NOT saying this, then complain very vocally to head office! Or just complain very vocally AT them...i.e. why aren't you following the instructions you've been given :roll: Maybe then they'll think twice about trusting their staff to get things right. That's the problem, HO think they are doing a good thing by trying to get people to get a pair of bunnies instead of keeping one on its own - but if staff don't pass on the info then it just messes everything up.

So in that sense, I think that HO are trying to things right, it's the staff that hold the responsibility and potential to make it all go wrong. Of course, not forgetting the customers who decide to ignore your advice...

Not sure if it's 'for easter', being January... I don't know how long they are going to have this for. If it does go on until March/April then fair enough, but I haven't heard anything to indicate that is what it's for.

We had an email sent round about this - The instructions have been sent round ALL stores saying that a pair must be sold with a minimum size of a lavendar lodge, customers must be told that they need to be neutered, and if they buy a male and female then they must keep them apart until neutered.

All stores have been told to tell this to customers, so if you find any member of staff NOT saying this, then complain very vocally to head office! Or just complain very vocally AT them...i.e. why aren't you following the instructions you've been given :roll: Maybe then they'll think twice about trusting their staff to get things right. That's the problem, HO think they are doing a good thing by trying to get people to get a pair of bunnies instead of keeping one on its own - but if staff don't pass on the info then it just messes everything up.

So in that sense, I think that HO are trying to things right, it's the staff that hold the responsibility and potential to make it all go wrong. Of course, not forgetting the customers who decide to ignore your advice...

So this is another cunning plan by Pets at Home to get people to buy TWO hutchs!!:roll::roll:and what happens when after they have been neutered they won't bond?

FFS I give up with Pets at Home:censored:

But it's exactly the same advice regarding un-neutered male/female pairs that anybody would give...you wouldn't just put them in the same hutch! Just because it's P@H, it doesn't make that piece of obvious infromation null and void.

I know that you'd rather they didn't sell rabbits at all - I think that's what we'd all prefer. But don't know how in this situation they could possibly sell a pair of male/female un-neutered bunnies for a single hutch...

But it's exactly the same advice regarding un-neutered male/female pairs that anybody would give...you wouldn't just put them in the same hutch! Just because it's P@H, it doesn't make that piece of obvious infromation null and void.

I know that you'd rather they didn't sell rabbits at all - I think that's what we'd all prefer. But don't know how in this situation they could possibly sell a pair of male/female un-neutered bunnies for a single hutch...

Precisely my point!, but instead of stopping slling one rabbit they are making thinks worse by selling 2 un-neutered bunnies instead, kinds of makes it doubly stupid doesn't it

And who will pick up the pieces?, us rescues yet again

I just wish someone at Pets at Home HO would get an ounze of common sense, surely it can't be that difficult

Wouldnt it just be better all round if rabbits were only sold/rehomed neutered... people cant be trusted to do it themsleves, no matter how often theyre told. And anyone silly enough to take up the P@H offer is very unlikely to spend over £100 getting a pair done.

Wouldnt it just be better all round if rabbits were only sold/rehomed neutered... people cant be trusted to do it themsleves, no matter how often theyre told. And anyone silly enough to take up the P@H offer is very unlikely to spend over £100 getting a pair done.

Great point. Love the idea, might work in the begging, but more time wouldnt it then result in a lot more Backstreet Breeders, selling "intacket" bun.

m
xx

I would prefer they didn't keep rabbits but it would be better if they had a deal with a local vet and part of the price of buying rabbits, included the cost of having them neutered when they were old enough. That way people would have them neutered cos they had already paid for it. It would also make people think a bit more about the commitment. There is also very very little information displayed in the store about how to keep a rabbit apart from a very brief notice board. I think all customers should have to pay for the rabbit, then go away with the hutch and a comprehensive booklet to read and then come back to collect bunny etc a day or so once they had had a chance to bone up on rabbit keeping - at the very least.

Apart from the pair thing, being babies and neutered, isn't it wrong on so many levels that they are making this offer for Easter??!! I despair :roll:

Playing devil's advocate, in another respect it's good that bunnies are sold together rather than being on their own for their entire life.

And what's all this about Easter? I didn't notice anything mentioning Easter on the instore adverts.

Playing devil's advocate, in another respect it's good that bunnies are sold together rather than being on their own for their entire life.

And what's all this about Easter? I didn't notice anything mentioning Easter on the instore adverts.

I must admit I thought the same, surely they would be better sold in pairs? However I guess on the flip side of that if they were not spayed/neutered there will be lots of extra rabbits.
Sallyx

It has absolutely nothing to do with Easter at all.

I must admit I thought the same, surely they would be better sold in pairs? However I guess on the flip side of that if they were not spayed/neutered there will be lots of extra rabbits.
Sallyx

I thought that but it does say on their instore advertising for the promotion about recommending having them neutered too.

I do think that a lot of people on here are only gonna say anything positive about rabbits that came from rescue. It wouldn't matter what the rehome policy pets at home had people will find fault. To be honest there will always be problems with how bunnies are home because so many people see them as boring pets. All that can be done is neutering advised as well as hutch size what people do with that advice is up to them. Don't forget how man unwanted dog and cats are born to unwanted matings every yr. Our local pets at home always has the bunnies in nice surroundings and they look fit and healthy. I am not saying I agree with the way it's done but sometimes I think we have to cut some slack if pah are trying to improve things.

Another potential issue is the people that purchase 2 boys together, ARC reguarly get pairs of fighting males handed over to them who have tried to neuter each other. I really hope that correct advise is given and people follow the advise ... provided it is accurate.

Another potential issue is the people that purchase 2 boys together, ARC reguarly get pairs of fighting males handed over to them who have tried to neuter each other. I really hope that correct advise is given and people follow the advise ... provided it is accurate.

......and of course we know how good they are at correctly sexing the Rabbits they sell :rolleyes:
Hang on to your hats ARC, I forsee an influx of Baby Buns in a few months time :roll:

Janex

Back