• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Leo broke his cage..

Mairi

Young Bun
You heard me, he jumped on it and it broke, so i gave him a cardboard box which has holes in.. and he loves it. He hates his cage, he hated the old hutch, and is the cardboard box method the best way? Cos if it makes leo happy to live in a newspaper/timothy hay filled box with holes in, he should? Cos in a week i can throw out the smelly box and replace it with a new one?
What do you guys think, should the box replace the cage/hutch?

I dont think so. Is he a house rabbit or outsite?? How big is this box?? This is gonna sound really stupid but will hix box be attached to a run, as im gussing the box aint gonna be 5ftX2ftx2ft, so the bun will need more room to excerise.

m
xx

I dont think so. Is he a house rabbit or outsite?? How big is this box?? This is gonna sound really stupid but will hix box be attached to a run, as im gussing the box aint gonna be 5ftX2ftx2ft, so the bun will need more room to excerise.

m
xx

he lives indoors,
the house is open to him so he can run around.
The box is like from the sofa.. and its like massive and got stuff .. like towels pillows and blankets in it.
like i said, he only uses it when he's tired, and the house is open to him

i dont see how it could be a problem, some rabbits dont have a cage or a box as a "base" if they are free range. its probably better that you give him a little hidey hole so if he wants to be away from you or have a safe sleep then he's got somewhere to go. just check he doesnt wee in there because it will soak into the cardboard

Yes I think a picture of this box is in order! :lol:

It sounds fine if he has run of the house and only uses it as a bed/hidey hole. Great way to get rid and recycle boxes, and cheap! :thumb:

Mine are indoor buns with a hutch they never go in and a large cardboard box that they love. The only thing that upsets my female is that I can open the top and look at her:lol:. She won't have anything to do with us.:oops:

mine are cardboard box fiends and love chilling in their giant carboard box. If they're indoors no problem.

P1000792.jpg

just went to take a photo of our carboard box.....theres 3 buns in there :shock: I don't put hay or anything in there, insted we have a litter tray in the little construction next to it.

Back