• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fred U/D 30th Jan- Good Response to Steroid Injection.........

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Yesterday Fred refused his breakfast. On examination I found his guts very quite but not gassy or 'tender' to the touch. He did, however, show signs of oral discomfort. I gave him pain relief and Metoclop' and off we went to see Christabel. She could see no signs of spurs/soreness/infection/ulceration so we agreed to see how he goes over the weekend, giving more meds if he needed them and he would have a GA/Dental on Monday if necessary.
Fred is still not eating :cry: is now in stasis and has very obvious pain around his molars/cheeks/mandible :cry::cry: He has had more treatment but obviously it looks like he wont be able to wait til Monday for a Dental.
Added to all this Fred is such a stressy boy and absolutely detests hands on care and syringe feeds :cry:So its now official, Fred hates me :cry::cry:

Janex

Last edited:
Aah i'm sure he doesn't hate you.
I bonded with one of my most skittish guinea pigs over syringe feeds, it sure felt like she hated me then but now she doesn't think i'm so bad!

Get well for your mummy Fred :)

Oh no, poor Fred. I hope you can find what's causing the problem and he feel better very soon. Sending get well vibes x x

Ah, Jane sending vibes, I had the ame problem with Zippy other day, check out down there V , but she's come through the other end. Where there is will and all that.

Sending lots of vibes

I have just spoken with Christabel. Fred will be having a GA/Dental this afternoon.

Why do Bunnies always do this sort of thing at a weekend !! :rolleyes:

Janex

Now Dermot is very poorly too :cry: He has a known, chronic GI problem which means he sufferes repeated episodes of stasis/bloat. He is having another 'episode' now :cry: He has had all his meds and we just have to hope he will pull through. We know one day he wont, I just hope its not today

:cry:

Janex

oh no! it must be so stressful when even one bun is poorly let alone 2!

uber vibes going your way jane, get well soon fred and dermot!

Sending vibes for Fred this afternoon.
And for Dermot, I hope he recovers from this episode quickly. Poor bun x

Thanks for all the vibes folks.
Fred is now with Christabel. He will be having his Dental at about 4pm.
Dermot is still very poorly :cry: All I can do is keep going with his meds and fluids and just hope................

Janex

Fred is now home. He is still flat out as he only had his GA a couple of hours ago. Christabel said he did have some very sharp spurs, she had to do a lot of work on all his molars so has warned me he will need some heavy duty pain relief for a few days. Poor Fred :cry: he does not cope with pain/stress at all well :cry: I just hope we can get his guts going again.
Christabel says she also found an enlarged lymph node in his abdomen. We are hoping that is due to the inflammation in his mouth and guts ( due to GI stasis) and not anything 'sinister'...............:? :cry:

Thankfully Dermot has responded to treatment and appears to be recovering. I dare not say more for fear of tempting fate :rolleyes:

Janex

Dermot is gradually recovering from his latest 'GI episode'. However, experience has taught me that he can relapse just when I think he is OK..........:?

Fred is not a happy boy :cry: He is anorexic and in GI stasis :cry: His mouth is very sore :cry: He is having pain relief, Metoclop', Ranitidine and Baytril plus syringe feeds. I hate having to force feed him as he gets so stressed :cry: But if I dont he will die :cry:

Please send my nervous little Rex boy some get well vibes

Janex

Back