• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bobz s bunnybarn ...north yorkshire

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
does anyone know if this rescue is still up and running :?

cant find a phone number anywhere and no reply to e mails .

i know someone who could offer Babs a lovely home :?

:wave:Hi Angie.
They are still up and running.Thats where i got Smokey and fudge from,they also board my bunnies when i am on holiday.
I am at work at the moment but will get you a phone number when i get home:D

just goes straight on to an answer machine all the time :?

the lady interested in Babs has left a message and sent e mails but no one has replied to either :?

Hi,

I am from Bobz's Bunny Barn.
We are still up and running but we are currently have problems with emails, i will get back to any emails as soon as it is back up.
Also we do only operate within a 20 mile radius of ourselves.

That's a shame if there's someone willing to give Bab's a home..
There are lots of us on here that homecheck, we are all over the country so one of us could homecheck for you.

What a shame as you are missing out on many fab homes for your bunnies :cry:

I recently went all the way to Leicester from York (twice - with help using a bunny run) to find Dillon the right partner.

I'm sure many people would be more than willing to pay you fuel to travel for homechecks.

I enquired about Babs before I heard about Sapphire, but because of where I live It wasn't feesable.

I think it's a shame that so many people are interested in offering Babs a forever home that distance should stand in the way of her happiness. As someone has already said on this forum there are a lot of people on here who are more than competant when it comes to offering home checks - not to mention the amount of people on here who are willing to help out when it comes to transporting rabbits from a rescue centre to their forever home.

Sapphire went from Chester to Leicester, then after her speying and recovery from the operation, she went from Leicester to the Wirral and then to Liverpool :)

Please can your 20 mile radius be reconsidered? For the forever happiness of this bunny and the others you may have :)

xx

As they are new to the forum, perhaps they don't realize that homechecks can be arranged throughout the country. There are people on the forum who are willing to homecheck and provide Bobz with any details they require to help rehome their animals.

i find it so frustrating that distance should stand in the way of a happy forever home. :(

My rescue Bun Roxy was rehomes all the way to Buckinghamshire and have weekly reports that she's doing fantastically.

Such a waste of possible love for Babs. :(:(:cry::cry:

I done a 2 hour journey from Hartlepool to Barnsley just to see Jem and leave Flopsy (with fingers crossed) 2 hours back home.

Then done a return 4 hour round trip the week after.

I cannot see why bunnies can't go further afield as I am regularly on here and update on my 2 so bunnymadhouse can still check on Jem and see piccies (must do more).

Further a field is great when you're using the net and interacting that way but there are an awful lot of rescues who just rely on local support and it makes much more sense for them to rehome locally.

Organising a person to visit someone miles and miles away is difficult. Photos and video can show what the home looks like but that's not the same as a homechecker meeting someone in person. I'm sure the homecheckers will agree meeting and chatting with someone is part of the homecheck not just a quick look at housing.

Tam

I am also wanting to give Babs a home. My hubby told me yesterday I could have her if I wanted. Just need to figure out how I can convince them to let her go further than a 20 mile radius. I am not too far away, but am over 20 miles. I would be willing to pay for them to come the extra distance. I'm only 25 miles away!!

Last edited:
Back