• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny First Aid Kit

louandjoe

Alpha Buck
What do you all keep in your bunny first aid kits?

Also, where do you get your supplies ie Fibreplex/Panacur/probiotic etc from?

www.hyperdrug.co.uk and www.medisave.co.uk is where I usually get my supplies from

At the moment we've got about ten bottles of liquid panacur, a load of towels, some fibreplex, a bottle of Baytril, a bottle of Canaural for Teds ear fleas:lol: a bottle of Maxitrol for Chi's eyes, a bottle of Exocin, about ten tubes of Bob martins mite stuff :rolleyes: a tube of Fulthalmic, a bottle of Ivomec, nail clippers, wound powder and a box of syringes

There's loads more as well but I can't be bothered to type it all out :oops:

Note Maxitrol, Exocin, Baytril, Fulthalmic and I think Canaural are all prescription drugs ;)

Its rather a long list, I have four first aid boxes :oops:

POMs:
*Baytril
*Metacam
*Zantac
*Tagamet
*Fucithalmic
*Tiacil
*Fuciderm
*Metaclopromide
*Vetergesic
*Trimethoprim

NPMs-
*Panacur
*Coxoid
*Fiberplex
*Avi-Pro plus
*Ivermectin
*Beaphar Fly Spray
*Critical Care Formula
*Electrolyte mix
*Sub-Q fluids

Also:
*Stethoscope
*Otoscope
*Rectal thermometer
*A selection of 4 needle sizes (about 100)
*A selction of 1,2,5,10 and 20ml syringes
*X2 Mikki Handrearing Kits
*Alcotip swabs
*Antiseptic dusting powder
*Vaseline
*Sudocreme
*Microporous tape & bandages
*Plasters
*Unscented baby wipes

In the fridge/freezer:
*Powdered KMR
*Fruit based baby food
*Frozen goats milk

Last edited:
Forgive me for asking what is probably going to be a daft question but...

What is the frozen goat's milk for?

:shock: i don't have anything! i have a pair of nail clippers and some hay :lol:

what should I invest in? I've never needed anything yet... got me all worried now

er I really dont have much.

Beapher Flyguard (three monthly - to prevent flystrike and fleas)
Beapher Fly Free (weekly -only use this when lots of flies around, and in case of emergency)
Panacur (every 6 months I'm going for- who really knows)

Tiacil (on prescription)
Echinacea (dont know if this works but it's supposed to be a general tonic)
Pellets (I dont believe in feeding rabbits pellets unless they were to get sick and lose weight- and for bribery purposes of course:oops:)
I usually have some pineapple juice as well(to encourage gut movement apparently - needs to be fresh though)

and generally round the house somewhere i have lots of towels.
I've also used black tea in the past as an emergency treatment for cleaning rabbits eyes.

I've never clipped my bunnies' claws - they spent a lot of time running around on concrete (and digging up carpet and destroying sheds).

If anything serious came up I'd just go straight to the vets which is about 5 mins away- I wouldnt know what to do with anything else! but I'd like to know what might be good to have

by the way there's a sticky on this in the rabbit care reference section. But i'd avoid tea tree oil as it can be toxic even in small doses

Last edited:
Back