• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Opportunity for exercise....

:shock: If it didn't have the bottom it would make a cute little den for inside a nice big run. How can they realistically think that's good as a whole home?

I was thinking of getting one of these for my two buns. They are freerange all day in a large compound, but get locked in their hutch at night. As winter nights here are long - 3.30 - 8.00 - it's a long time for them to stay in their hutch. I liked the fact that they could have a bit of safe free time in the run at night if they wanted, then during the day I could open a door at the side and they could go into their normal run. Do you think that this set up would be OK for a small bun and larger bruiser wife?

I think the Natura 120 with the pen (2nd link) is fine for what you need it for :D

I just don't want to line their pockets when they are selling other really small accomodation saying the rabbits will have exercising opportunities!

I had a tape measure out checking the dimensions the other day. At the moment they are in a hutch which isn't very good. It is wind and water tight because I have covered it with carpet and vinyl to make it so, but it is quite flimsy material. When it is windy, we move them as I am concerned the whole thing will blow over. Thought this was a good deal especially with 20% off and it seems to be make of better materials. Would only have to make a door for them to go out into their day compound. I would only use the attached run as somewhere for them to sniff about at night. They hate being in their hutch and spend all their time sitting by the wire waiting to get out. I have a neighbour who has two rabbits who have lived freerange in her garden for about 5 years. They have an area 40' x 20' with 4' wooden fencing and live in a burrow that they dug. They lived in a hutch which her hubby build which is fab, but dug their burrow then flitted down there and only use the hutch to get their dinner and water. They never get put away, but we don't have any problems with foxes in this area.

I am really suprised at zooplus selling this.

They have always responded when I have emailed them in the past, perhaps an email expressing concern over the hutch size may be appropriate? May be worth a try.

Vanessa xx

I was thinking of getting one of these for my two buns. They are freerange all day in a large compound, but get locked in their hutch at night. As winter nights here are long - 3.30 - 8.00 - it's a long time for them to stay in their hutch. I liked the fact that they could have a bit of safe free time in the run at night if they wanted, then during the day I could open a door at the side and they could go into their normal run. Do you think that this set up would be OK for a small bun and larger bruiser wife?

I think that would only be acceptable for a tiny single rabbit to get some grass munching time (and assuming he's a keen climber that ramp looks steep). For a few pounds more you can get a cheap 6 x 4 shed, great for all weathers and can have shelves for storage and climbing, also much more enjoyable when cleaning out...... I personally think its a pointless waste of money.

Back