• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ivermectin

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
has anyone bought this on line ?

been told about some available to treat rabbits , guinea pigs and ferrets....available online without prescription .its not xeno450 which we usualy use though ...another companys .

we are looking for an alternative to xeno . its just cost us £120 for xeno to treat 4 rabbits:shock::?

Its not the Bob Martin stuff is it? Im sure Anita said something about a over the counter medication containing ivermectin as the active ingrediant but cannot remember what it was called :?

I didnt take much notice as have a bottle of Ivermectin at home.

no bot bob martin .

havent time know but ill find it over the weekend and try and post a link .

it was on a farming supply website

:shock:
our vets charge ..£29.99 for same one ...

the stuff i was told about comes in a 10ml bottle with a dropper and dosage instructions. it was about £25

I was recommended the Beaphar Anti-Parasite Spot On for my rats as two of them had lice [the same one is suitable for rabbits/g-pigs/ferrets] and I have to say it's the ONLY over the counter lice/mites treatment I've ever bought that has actually worked! [went through all the nasty pymethrin sprays and shampoos years back finding out none of them ever worked].

It's £3.99[ish] for a pack of 4 tubes - and it's 1 tube per 750g body weight for a rabbit.

I have :wave:

I buy from www.hyperdrug.co.uk

Have never had any trouble and they are lovely people :D

It used to just be called Ivomec its now called Easimec :?

Last edited:
Not sure what brand but my vets make me up a bottle (the little brown ones) of Ivermectin for my rats at my request. It works out about £9 for perhaps 10ml, might've been 20, can't remember now sorry, but it's the strong stuff so it was only 1-2 drops per rat depending on size (2 drops for my boys which are around 700g I think). As a 'drop' is around 0.05ml, the stuff goes a long way! Might be worth asking your vet if they could do something like this?

I was recommended the Beaphar Anti-Parasite Spot On for my rats as two of them had lice [the same one is suitable for rabbits/g-pigs/ferrets] and I have to say it's the ONLY over the counter lice/mites treatment I've ever bought that has actually worked! [went through all the nasty pymethrin sprays and shampoos years back finding out none of them ever worked].

It's £3.99[ish] for a pack of 4 tubes - and it's 1 tube per 750g body weight for a rabbit.

This is what I've used on buns and it works fine, easy to get hold of and a decent price too, though you do need to know the correct weight of the bun.

This is what I've used on buns and it works fine, easy to get hold of and a decent price too, though you do need to know the correct weight of the bun.

Yeah, I looked at getting a bottle before but you're supposed to chuck it after a couple of months so I thought it'd be a waste!

The Beaphar Spot-on comes in pippettes and mine has a long date, not sure what the bottle stuff is???

Yeah, that's because you open them individually - once you open a bottle of the stuff you're supposed to use it within x amount of time [think it's 2-3 months] - although I'm not actually sure if that's a recommendation or if it would actually go off once opened.

Back