• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunnies and holidays

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
anyone ever taken their bunnies on hols with them i just bought a fold up dog crate and rosie and mo will be coming on holiday with us for a week in summer :lol:

Ive got 5 so no chance there,thankfully my mother-in-law comes to look after them as she is mad on any animal and i leave her the no for vets just in case.

Rick

We have someone who boards with us who takes theirs on holiday with them if its just for a couple of days (Boards here for more than a weekend only). They go camping and take bunny with them. They have a 48 inch dog crate and a large collapsible run. They put the run inthe awning part so it's not exposed to the risk of other animals etc and then bun goes inthe crate in their sleeping compartment at night. It's a gorgeous little Nethie.

taking bun on holiday

We've done it a few times.
Using a collapsable dog crate which we have sneaked into holiday homes.
We' started doing it when we had a recently 'widowed' rabbit who was already lonely and we could not possibly leave him, and then after he had a new girlfriend and was fine again we took another who we had just got and she had health problems and had to be cleaned everyday until she could have an op., and now there is Parsley - who has started to come - just because he LOVES my partner and cannot bear to be parted from him.
All were housebuns anyway so used to being with us and in a house.

twigs

yup Alvin comes with us, so far in his short life hes been to scotland and back twice... am hoping pearl travels well too or itll be boarding from now on :(

they've done a weekend away to my parents, but unless we hire a cottage i think we'll have to board as i wouldn't take them camping, although a friend used to take her ferrets camping :shock::?

Haha that is an ace idea!! But imagine the cleaners coming round to clean the 'hired cottage' etc, and finding 2 rabbits running riot!! :lol::lol:

Maybe when we can afford a camper van - although a friend has got a lawn that needs mowing so Andy, the 15 Fat Fluffs and I have been invited around for lunch / dinner one weekend. :lol:

Haha that is an ace idea!! But imagine the cleaners coming round to clean the 'hired cottage' etc, and finding 2 rabbits running riot!! :lol::lol:

i've never stayed in a cottage where the cleaners come round during the week. usually, the place is yours until you leave the following sat. i'd probably look for one with a secluded garden anyway, but cottages are so expensive and we do love to camp

Maybe when we can afford a camper van - although a friend has got a lawn that needs mowing so Andy, the 15 Fat Fluffs and I have been invited around for lunch / dinner one weekend. :lol:

Can I come and watch how you pile 15 into the camper van :p

Back