• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

very quiet rabbit

Jennie Wright

Warren Scout
Marble is paired with Issie and she is a very lively, hungry lady. Always comes to see you for a stroke or to see if you have treats.

She went very quiet on Wed pm and wouldn't eat her greens so brought them in encouraged her to eat but she wouldn't so called vet and they said I was ok to give her some fibreplex and some medicine they had given me to get things going. Also gave some water. Great improvement yesterday, eating drinking etc and coming to see me, but this am, still eating, not as much as normal but very quiet. Moving around a bit but not much but def eating. Had a check up late Dec so teath should be fine. Any ideas???

Thanks

I think she needs to see the vet today and have a gut stimulant and maybe some pain killer. She could have tummyache and so the pain could be making her not want to eat.
If she's sick at the weekend it could be very costly.

Worth still checking her teeth again too as they can grow back as quickly as every 3 weeks in some severe cases! Has she regular teeth probs?

as I just said on the bio lapis thread - water is the main thing they need to recover from an upset tum, so try and get her to drink more by putting the water in a dish, warming it with kettle water, adding fresh pineapple juice - whatever it takes as this is the key to them recovering.

Mine all loved the stuff. I put it on one of those tiny Asda mini shreddies and they each wolfed it down no problems.

Back