• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Prepulsid

nicole

Mama Doe
My wee Dougal has a bout of statis yesterday (better today eating and poos), so off we went to the vet. When I got there I asked the vet for more Prepulsid and metacam. She told me that now you can not even get it on a named license!!!!!!

Please, please tell me this is not true:shock:
Anyone else have trouble getting it?

And if you are what can we bunny people do about it? Something must be done this medicine saves lives

The RWA/F tried to get something done about it being withdrawn, I'm sure it was way back in around 2004/5, but I can't remember the outcome :? It was made for humans but had some contraindications therefore it was withdrawn from dispensing to humans. The buns only got the leftovers and when it's gone in the UK, it's gone I guess :(

When the UK stocks ran out, it was available in Ireland for a while but you had to live in Ireland to get it for your bun. I'm not sure if it's available anywhere else in the world :?

I took the last of my vet's stocks ages ago, and he now uses Metoclopramide, Zantac and Cimetidine.

Back