• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What age are buns fully grown??

Depends on the breed, the smaller the breed the smaller they stop growing.

Average rabbits are usually fully grown between 6-8months though they tend to spend the latter stages 'filling out' into an adult shape.

I seee! I took Willow to vets today for her 'free dental check' and when we got her 3 weeks ago she was 1.5kg (at 12 weeks old) now at 15 weeks old she is 1.9kg !!!!!!

They seem to grow quickest between 8-14 weeks, they slow down a lot after then, so dont worry she wont be able to sustain that rate of growth!

usually almost finished at 7 months just need to bulk up..BUT the skull carries on for up to 18months in lops so must be same for uppy eared buns. This is why its essential not to change over from junior pelets to adult esp if you have alop..unles they get fat on the pellets..

willows grown since xmas i swear..when petra saw her in dec she was shocked..i thought you said she stop at 7 months or so and just bulk up and grow her skull more till 18 months!! hmm said petra..i did say..SHOULD!:lol:

ive been too ill to leave the house but i want to get madam weighed..the vets didnt participate in rabit week this year..both vets did last year tho..odd.

willows a frenchie..who had her 1st birthday at crimbo....i think shes finally grown into her ears..and im hoping shell jjust grow thicker bones and her skull will widen as lops do...if she grows anymore im stuffed..i need a bigger house!!:shock::lol::lol: she makes bertie look like a dwarf lop!:lol:

but her feet do not look like odg paws like berties do..she has massive feet but only bertie has dog paws..on a bunny..

ah frenchies..take up your lounge!:lol: two bounds and shes in the hallway from the front door!

her wieghts gone up lots due to bonding being confined to crate and only getting 5 hrs out in lounge..now shes fully bonded and free roaming with bertie and bandit..she still wrecks the place..esp the kitchen overnight and has knocked down and jumped over pen panels.shs unstoppable! so if she hasn finished growing..ill have to get rid of the furniture to make room for her..shes taller than my grandaughter way taller..and she likes to s-t-r-e-t-c-h out to sleep..so 2/3 of the settee is taken whears she took up a weeny spot when we got her..she doesnt like sleeping on the settee now anyway...not enough space!:lol:

Back