• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

clever Bunnies

jackiestone

Warren Veteran
I am finding it very difficult to get both my bunnies back into their hutch at night to keep them safe until morning.They have a hutch with run on the side,when i go to lock them up i put fresh veg in the hutch and greedy Norman will get up there and start eating but Beatrix seems to wait until he has finished before she goes up to the hutch.Therefore i cant get them in the hutch at the same time,so far i have been waiting 45 minutes to get them in,they hear the back door open and they are straight back out again.I can climb into the run ok but the remaining bunny will go to the bit at the end underneath the actual hutch and i cant reach them.In all the commotion the other bunny runs out of the hutch:roll:They seem to be working as a team and think it is a game:cry:We got the hutch from the happy hutch company,and we were pleased with it and now hubby is cross with me cos i want another hutch after 3 weeks:oops:help

Jackie

I have the same with my lot sometimes, they don't usually mess me around but they can be terrible for going in if my mum tries to get them in.

I make sure that my two are both in the playhouse before I give them their reward of dried (organic) apricot. They've pretty much learnt that they get a reward for going in now (and not before), so they are generally OK.

The other option that I've done is to find a way of blocking off areas that you can't get them out of when you round them up. If you can make/buy panels that close off the underneath of the hutch when you go to get them in, you may find it easier.

Good luck

FC

Back